What does being called "Cute" mean?

I thought about this today since my mother was talking with my teacher and she was telling him about how I was the cutest little girl, etc, VERY embarrassing thing, but then he looked at me and was like "SHE IS really cute!"

oh, God, the embarrassment.

but then I realized that I get that a lot. I'm 16 years old and always my friends, parents of my friends, everybody just calls me "cute" and when I actually wear makeup and dress up I get "beautiful" and "pretty" from people. I don't wear makeup because honestly I don't really need it I guess but for special occasions, as I said, where I dress up and it's formal I do, but then I get called "pretty" and "beautiful"

I'm sorry, but I'm trying NOT to over analyze, but to you guys (and girls) what DOES cute mean?

please, no HATE COMMENTS :(

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to get this a lot when I was a teenager and I hated it. It made me feel like someone was standing over me (which is not hard because I'm 5'3 lol) and patting me on my head and going AWWW she's so cute! What made it worse is that I have a really high voice, I still get people on the phone who think I'm just a little girl.

I started to rationalise like this, when they say cute, they must mean adorable. My boyfriend calls me adorable all the time because of my smile. And the things I think are adorable are kittens, puppies, newborn babies, things like that. So being thought of as adorable is good :) Plus I figured at least they weren't calling me something bad like DUMB or UGLY.

What Guys Said 2

• it means you are very pretty and a fun to be around

• Cute, in my opinion is a mix of being physically pretty and emotionally attractive. I would not ever call someone who is acting snotty cute. However s/he might be physically attractive so I could call her pretty. If s/hewere to have an attuned sense of sexual charisma I would then call him/her hot.

What Girls Said 2

• you're 16... and lying about your age on this site. *shakes head*

anyway- yeah. cute means cute.

• Its means you are slightly attractive, almost pretty, just pass the bar of being attrctive.

it goes like this: Ugly, Average(Plain Lookin), Cute (Attracyive), Pretty(Very Attractive), Beautiful(Gorgeous, Pleasing to look at, a model)