Do guys actually notice or care about the brands girls wear?

girls at my school are really critical about brands. they'll be like "she wears hollister so she's fake" or "she wears juicy so she's a snob". do guys do the same? I figure that if 1. the girl isn't obsessed with brands and shopping and 2. the girl tries to look presentable and not like a slob then the guy won't care or probably even notice the brand.

ps I think it's dumb to judge based on brands. I think both hollister and juicy are cute but I'm not fake or snobby. though I'm not rich enough for juicy. haha.

Most Helpful Guy

• People who care about labels are kind of annoying.

If it looks and feels good, that's what matters. Who cares if it comes from Hollister or Macy's or the local thrift shop, or even Walmart?

I think from the male perspective, we see the clothing industry as making a lot of money off of niave young women. Often times, you're paying a premium for a designer label, when you could find the same look and fit for far less without the label. There are times when it's worth paying more to get something that's better crafted or will last longer, but most of the label stuff is made really cheaply in sweatshops. You're paying more for less.

Often times, the designer labels are also really stupid fashions. If you wear it because you like the fashion, that's one thing. But if you wear it because it's a certain label, that's just dumb.

What Guys Said 7

• i don't care about the brands I wear why would I care about the brands a girl wears

• Honestly I don't pay attention to brands. In fact labels in general = bad.

• I never notice what brand clothing people wear. That sounds a bit nit picky. As long as you feel comfortable wearing them then it doesn't matter what lable they are.

• I think if a woman wears brands like Hollister,Abercrombie, are stuckup,conceited,rich,arrogant bitches. I think women that wear clothes like Juicy are sluts and like to make other women jealous about not having a nice ass.

• I'm not stuckup, conceited, rich, arrogant, or bitchy. I say this because I wear both hollister and abercrombie. their clothes are plain but cute.

and what does juicy have to do with asses? they sell mostly nice dresses.

i guess you're the prime example of a guy that knows nothing about womens fashion.

• Juicy does sell pants that say Juicy across a woman's ass. I've noticed the women that wear hollister and abercrombie and that's the kind of vibe I get from those women.

• Yeah juicy does sell sweatpants, but they sell tons more stuff.

don't assume that about all girls who wear abercrombie and hollister. some of them are middle class girls who are very chill (me and my friends anyway).

• Unless you constantly wear brands like d&g gucci and other really high end brands that usually costs like hundreds of dollars for a simple white shirt most guys won't think you are snobby or anything

• We don't care. You could be wearing second hand clothing, or stuff that you've made yourself.

If it looks pretty/cute its all good. ;)

• I'm a guy that is into fashion I particularly like polo Ralph Lauren, it isn't a major thing with me but I'll notice if a girls wears upper scale brands and respect that

What Girls Said 6

• Wow, people actually behave that way outside of reality TV shows? Hahaha. I honestly don't know anyone who cares or even really thinks about this kind of thing. Just do your own thing, and f.uck what other people will think. Someone will come along and love that you cater to your own wants, and not those of people who shouldn't matter. If a guy is going to write you off for the labels on your clothes, you should have written him off a long time ago, because he's not a guy you want in your life.

• I always wondered that same question.

Though, I'm probably double your age OP, lol. I just wondered if guys noticed, not really for any other reason. IMO, guys don't shop for themselves, much less even know what's a 'good' brand in womens clothing.

Personally, I'm an underwear snob. I like expensive frillies. I don't know why. It's not like #1 anyone really sees them & #2 if a guy has got to the point of seeing them, it's probably not going to be a deal breaker if there's a blue light special sticker on them. Still, since I was about 12 and my aunt introduced me to Victorias Secret I've been addicted.

• I think that's a high school thing. Cause when you get to college, people don't usually make dumb ass assumptions like that based on the brands people wear. People pretty much judge you on your attitude the way you carry yourself.

• My friends and I say if the guys wear lots of brand names they would notice and if they don't they wont

• maybe there not right enough to wear those brands? that's why they make up stupid things about it... really who does that? I wear Hollister and I'm not fake ! dumb girls. :/

• Why does caring about brands make someone snobby? All it means is that they can afford it.