Is being tall unattractive or intimidating to guys?

I feel really odd around my friends because they're all so much shorter than me, most guys are my height (they're still growing) that are my age. I just feel that no guys like me because I'm tall. I'm 5'10 dark brown hair and eyes, curvy, and (I don't want to sound conceited) have a decent chest size. I'm not overweight or underweight. I don't have the petite build though. Opinions?

Most Helpful Guy

• Put this in your head: You're a tall girl, you're gifted, the more growing up you'll do the prettier you'll get, unlike usual girls and especially "petite" ones, think of those poor ones when they get older... but you're different, you'll see what I'm talking about when it's time, people will fall all over you, even if you hadn't any profession you'd still be wanted to model or even just to stand there and let somebody lay their eyes on your tall body! trust me, I am a guy and I know most of us would dream to be with a tall girl, and any idiot that would ever try to make you doubt yourself is just doing that to give you insecurities. Don't ever fall for that.

What Guys Said 11

• Tall is sexy, in my opinion. The taller the babe, the longer her legs... and the more curvy her...um... in any case, 5' 10" sounds wonderful.

Stand your ground, you have nothing to be ashamed of. In fact, you might have an advantage against some men who are intimidated by you.

• You sound like you're adorable. Don't worry in a few years you'll have guys drooling just to get close to you.

• Cute, but I'm way shorter. :(

I think it's a little intimidating, but it's just unrealistic to think anything could happen between you and someone shorter.

• Neither, I think, as long as you aren't much taller than me. You aren't (6'3").

• I'm 6'7 so I'd have to say the taller the better!

• still got 3 inches on you, id be happy enough to date you. I have noticed however that my small female friend gets more attention than my taller female friend when we are out.

• i think its attractive to be tall, but if a girl is taller than me that's a little intimidating. not a deal breaker by any means, just a little intimidating. I'm 5' 11" by the way.

• Yes it is intimidating and CAN be unattractive

• It's both.

• I never said I was 21...?

• Well you have 2 inches on me. What does my age have to do with anything SilentG?

• i'd be less inclined because of past experiance, usually taller girls want a guy who's the same height or taller then them and simply don't want to date guys (a lot) shorter then themselves.

i'm 5"7 personally and I'm shrinking somehow :(

• That's okay I'm 5'3" and I thinking I'm shrinking too :)

• Thats the thing, I don't think I'm shrinking.

I was 5"8 3 years ago :/

• It can be a little intimidating, but it doesn't make you unattractive. If you're cool and flirty any guy that matters won't care.

And 5'10" isn't that bad anyway. I'm like 6'-6'1" so you'd be fine to me.

What Girls Said 3

• I completely feel for you. I'm 5'10 as well and it seems like all guys are either the same height or shorter... not too many who are taller. But you're not alone! I can't score a date either haha

• Girl, I feel your pain! I'm 5 ft 11 myself and curves in all the right places and I like to wear 4in heels making my legs look even longer you know. Guys like to be the "dominate" person in the relationship in some way shape or form. My boyfriend is 6 ft 1 I asked him if he'd still date me if I was taller than him he said no. Guys like shorter girls even the really tall guys.. I was turned down by a guy that was 6 ft 4 cause he said I was too tall... Seriously right..lol guys are just lame. Guys like long legs and guys like tall women you just have to find the guys that are secure enough to date a tall woman. And trust me they are out there. But would you be willing to date someone shorter than you? Maybe the ones that find you attractive are shorter than you and fear rejection if they approached you.

• NO,men love all types of women,variety is it ,there's someone for everybody!