Do guys judge girls for having piercings? is it unattractive?

I have my bride, cheeks, dermal on my collar bones, septum (bull ring) pierced. I myself think I'm a really interesting person, loving and caring. but I get judged a lot because of my piercings.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, guys will judge a girl for having a lot of piercings. I don't even know all the places you mentioned. The reason guys, and people in general, will judge someone who has a lot of piercings is that they may view such a person as being impulsive, not thinking before acting, or being contrarian to social values. Likewise, they may see this person as needing to make a statement, requiring attention, so on and so forth.

Lastly, sometimes it just doesn't look good. But sometimes it does.

What attracts a guy to a girl? -> link

What turns guys on? -> link

Is confidence sexy? -> link

Best

- Evan

What Guys Said 16

• Your going to get judged on anything you do or not. If it's something you like, and obviously a conversation piece, run with it. Worst case you don't talk to someone you shouldn't have

• It's really hit or miss, especially your arrangement.

I personally find it cute, if the girl is. However, it's definitely seen as unprofessional, immature, and is frowned upon. As long as you're happy, and it doesn't affect you, that's all that matters.

Different styles draw different crowds.

• maybe because a lot of people don't have those parts pierced so they probably are like"whoa that's different". like I don't know if iv even seen some of those piercing in my life..but I doesn't mean I wouldn't like them...i would just find it interesting because I wouldn't do it myself. and I'm not a person who really judges ppl. because its the person on the inside that truly counts, the outside only counts a little..i mean some people have to take care of themselves. but the outside is really only to express. the people who judge you are probably not your true friends. and if their not your friends I would just say to show them that you don't care what they think..you are you and nothing is going to stop that!

By the way..doing this might actually help find true friends and they are the only ones worth having :)

• I don't think bridge piercings look good on anyone. As far of the rest of your piercings go, it all depends on how they look on you. Cheeks are OK. I was never a huge fan, but they can sometimes look good. I do like microdermals though. I think most people can pull those off. As far as septums go, some people look good in them and others just don't. Out of curiosity, is you septum stretched? I think a stretched septum can be really hot on a girl if they can pull it off.

• I would definitely say that piercings in general are a turnoff to me. However, if you're otherwise a great match, I could overlook my dislike for them.

• Sometimes people have to consider what their parents or grandparents might think. While I don't mind piercings, too many can look like she was hit in the face with a tacklebox. The ones under the clothes are a bit more discreet and can be rather fun to play with. Just between you and me, Miss Piggy has her hood pierced. It's hot. :D

• Get away from me, incarnation of satan!

I mean, yes. It is unattractive. It doesn't look good, and I don't understand anyone who gets one. It's bad in any aspect in any way possible and it's one of those things that just cannot be good at all. The fact that you got them leaves quite a surface for attacking and judging.

• i don't judge girls who have piercings, I'll happily be friends with them, but I can't go out with them, it's too much of a turn off.

ONE (bottom lip) lip piercing and/or nose piercing is all I can stand.

of course this is just my preference

ears are ok

• Forgot to say I love belly button piercings and nipple piecings are good too

• I don't really like piercings at all. I don't mind one or two on the ears and maybe a nose stud but that would be it. I don't know if I really judge people with piercings - they do what they want - but I'm just not attracted to it

• I like girls who don't give a sh*t what anyone else thinks. Wear them and be proud. You will find someone, somewhere that thinks it's sexy.

• I'm going to be honest that piercings aren't a turn on for me, I don't see a pierced body part and think to myself, "wow that is hot." If you're really cool and they go with your style and personality they won't scare me away or be a turnoff though.

• People may judge you because many people have different view than you do. Its not you. Its just how our country's perspective on these types of things is why they judge you.

• Its unATTRACTIVE..

• not at all. the bull rings are so sweet.

• gotta love piercings! ^,^

do it for yourself, not anyone else though ;p

• YES and DEFINATELY YES

What Girls Said 7

• i went through a piercing stage but took them all out..i call it a stage because I got my nipples pierced twice, have my cartlidge pierced, my lobes, almost got my hood pierced and had my belly button pierced but then I woke up and was like, "this is definitely not me I'm so over this sh*t." I hated the attention it got me too.my personality did a 180. so I took them all out. all except my cartlidge and lobes.

if you're worried about getting judged over your piercings you should get them hunnie. personally, I think a lot of piercings are cute but there are some piercings I think look like sh*t and that some people just can't pull off. people are GOING to stare because they're either thinking, "woww why would they do that to themselves?that looks disgusting" or they're thinking "holy sh*t that looks completely awesome! I wonder if it hurt!" then there's me that's either thinking, "holy sh*t that hurt and was $50 down the drain" of "that's completely badass I wonder where he/she went for that" lol everybody's different..it's how YOU feel about it. my friend, the picture with me, we went on a trail this weekend and the guy that tried to scare her shined the light on her and went "holy sh*t you have your lips pierced did it hurt?" XD (she has angel kisses) he was yelling and growling at everybody else but he looks at her and starts saying, "holy sh*t you have your lips pierced!" XD it was great.

• Some people do, of course. You just have to find people who don't. My boyfriend has no body mods, but he doesn't mind my 14 (6 in various places in my ear, two studs in each nostril, navel, hip microdermals, and a microdermal on the nape of my neck).

I've been told by my current boyfriend and others that at first my piercings were unattractive to them, but once they got to know me and like me, the piercings just became part of me.

I'm sure you are a great person, so you just have to find someone who is also interested in body mods or will like you for you and in turn think all of you is beautiful, including piercings.

• You'll attract guys with similar interests to you. You obviously like piercings, so why would you want to be with a guy who would find them unattractive and judge you because of them?

I'm guessing you dress kinda gothy. I think that look is hot.

• Everyone gets judged for something, if not the same thing as you, there's always something else. My ex was REALLY REALLY REALLY inot body modifications and stuff... we didn't work out because I wasn't... everyone is different.

When he got his toungue split... I split! LOL!

• Oh damn haha. I watched someone get that done :P

• Yeah... wasn't pretty lol. I've seen it get done too... its just so.... AHHHHH lol. To me anyway. But if you like it have it at ... I just don't want that on my body or anywhere near my mouth....

• I don't think It is a means for not having a meaningful, lasting relationship

• I have piercings too girl and I love them don't let anyones oppinion get you down! Be who you are and that's all that matters and if they don't like them then tell them to f*** off :)

• judging is normal and it's going to happen no matter what. that's why looks are so important for making a first impression