Do women tend to be more attracted to the guy who seems to be doing better?

I am not "MATERIALlSTIC" at all but I have noticed one thing. Quick background. I use to be a regular joe, Drove a Hooptie, Was a mall cop,lived with mom till 23, had that girl who ended up living me. All of a sudden I changed. Graduated , I am an accountant , Drive a "fancy" car, Got a nice apartment. NOW its like the same girls who use to walk past me with out even looking lmao are swamping me now. Even my ex tried coming back.

Whats up with this ladies? Do women tend to be more attracted to the guy who seems to be doing better?

Most Helpful Girl

• To a certain extent, yes. It's not about being the richest guy out there or about what car you drive (personally, I don't know one from the other anyhow so it makes no difference), it's more about how driven you are to reach your goals. If you're working a job that's not the greatest while you get through school or get the experience you need to have to pursue the career you want I have no problem with that. We all have to start somewhere and most of the time you have to work your way up. Basically, if you have goals and you're working towards them, then I have nothing to complain about in that department. That being said, girls do tend to gravitate towards guys who have reached some goals as they get older for a couple of reasons. One- because it demonstrates they actually have the drive to go after and achieve those goals. Two- because we start to think about getting married and raising a family and if we're in that stage we want a guy who's there too- one who has a stable job and has reached some of his goals so he's ready to settle down and focus on things besides his career.

But that phase comes at a different time for all women and for me the only real deal breaker at the moment is if you don't work at all and don't particularly care if you do or not. I couldn't care less what a guy DOES for a living, as long as he pays his bills and does something he gets satisfaction from (since nobody who works a job they hate forever ends up happy or fulfilled).

What Girls Said 8

• Superficial girls tend to be the ones who go for guys based on their possesions but to some extent if a girl is looking for a serious relationship then yea she wants to know that you will have nice life together and you won't be depending on her for everything but sadly these women are not the majority. Most women seem to think that if a guy doesn't drive a nice car or have a lot of money he isn't "ideal" which saddens me. Not all women are fixated on how much your worth though. Personally I don't care. Regular joe's are more mai type because wealth seems to change people. Good for you if you can keep from becoming materialistic just be careful of the women who are.

• Guys who are successful are attractive. I think it goes back to our instinct to pick a mate we know will provide for us and our offspring.

So yeah, the girls are attracted to guys who do better. :<

• Excluding particularly materialistic women, ladies want a man who seems like he'd be a good provider. If you have a good job and can take care of yourself on your own, then you'd most likely be a "better" husband and father. A lot of men look for women who would be good mothers/wives as well. It's natural.

• Well of course, I use to date this guy back in high school, he was insanely smart,cute,charming ,dressed so well ,a very talented musician ,worked a good job for a teenager ,and both a football and basketball player .I was head over heals,hes now pursuing a GED, has a pitbull for a baby mama, a daughter on the way, and no job.Everything with a penis could fall off this earth right now and I would still not look his way .I refuse to talk to him anymore because its too hard to resist the urge to punch him in the face. = )

• Yes, they could be materialistic or possibly you have gotten more confidant after graduating and they're attracted to that.

• Part of this could be the shallow bits of you being more successful and financially stable now but another aspect could be that by doing these things you are showing initiative, independence, work ethic, maturity, drive, etc., all of which are attractive.

• Yes, because you are finacially stable and you could probably afford their expensive shopping bills! Most girls love shopping, and I guess your money too.

If I were you I'd run.

• well obviously. no one wants to date a loser. it's not about girls being gold diggers or wanting materialistic things. it's about wanting a guy that is able to take care of himself and the family. stability in other words. someone who's going somewhere with their lives.

• Well understand where you re coming from. but what do you consider a loser? I was I school, I had a full ti me job, I had a car.... its not like I was just living by the moment and atching TV all day!

What Guys Said 2

• Is this a serious question?

• yeah, unfortuneately, but I don't blame women, women place their highest value on a man's resources