Does modesty count for anything anymore?

So I would say I dress more towards the modest side... not to the extreme though. I just don't care to show off my body to the entire world. I wear clothes that are cute, but I still feel comfortable in them. Do guys find this more attractive than a girl dressed like a whore?

When I say whore... I mean a girl who deliberately dresses sexually to get attention from men.

Most Helpful Guy

• The guys that are worth it care.

Obviously when in high school and sometimes Uni the guys who aren't worth your time will want you to show as much skin as possible.

I know of some girls that dress modestly and still look very attractive.

It just sucks tho because girls who dress modestly are a dying breed.

I'll be honest when I see a girl whose shorts are way to short I do look but do I give her a second look? Do I think to myself I should go up and talk to her? No and no

She does get my attention for a few seconds but would I actually pursue her? Nope

What Guys Said 10

• Dressing a little sexy is OK, but just a little. Otherwise I agree you look slutty. Nice dress is always attractive.

• The sexiest girls are those who are sexy and hot without having to show a lot of skin. The "whore" outfit screams "I'm insecure and have low self-esteem!".

• This although showing some skin isn't a bad thing.

• Yeah, you can show skin in a classy and sexy way, but I like it when you leave something for the fantasy.

• Indeed it does.

Your appearance goes a long way to suggest what sort of person you are like without even needing to actively communicate to find out. Of course, this seems like it is breaking the age old proverb of, "Don't judge a book by its cover" but for the most part I think you can skip the benefit of the doubt thing. Sure, the majority of guys are turned on by provocative attire, but its usually of the sexual instinct. As much as females like different types of guys, the same goes for guys too.

• Yes I like a woman that dresses conservatively...it shows that you care about you and people shoul like you not just your looks...5 star question!

• Absolutely. I can't stand when girls show too much. Modest and cute and perfect. More guys like that than you'd think...

• I like girls who dress modestly, in fact they are the only ones that attract me. Please don't change your style and props to all the girls who do the same!

• I also like the first guy's post on this question

link

There is are always exceptions to the rule in terms of what to expect ( personality wise) from the way a person dresses.

• Depends on how you define "whore". If by whore you mean some horrible slut that dares to wear a miniskirt then I'd disagree, but if you mean the lady I saw at the store last night who was wearing a bikini top and sweat pants that said "LOVE ME" on the back of them then I'd agree.

• I'm talking like boobs hanging wayyyy out or like a skirt that barely covers a girl's butt. or girls who just don't dress with any tact like the above bikini top girl. that's just trashy.

• Her choice. My girlfriend likes those shirt skirts when we go out to bars, clubs whatever and it doesn't bother me. But then she dress like a normal human being everywhere else.

I think what you're talking about are the girls that dress that way 24/7 - people that do that usually have self-esteem issues that require constant attention to make them feel better.

• What you described is my type.

• I wouldn't be interested in a girl who didn't dress modestly.

What Girls Said 9

• I already posted this as a comment but:

I can honestly say I have more guys come up to me and talk to me when I dress modestly and cute. A little skin and confidence is all you need to have guys approach you. I wear sexier looking clothes when I go out, but generally I'm a modestly dressed person. Yes, the guys will look when you wear skimpy clothing, but who wouldn't!? Plus, being respectful when you're just "out and about" is one thing that I have a very strong opinion about. Children and old people don't need to see your ass or your cleavage. Have some respect for others.

• For me personally I love wearing cute clothes that make you feel comfortable in your own skin I wouldn't want to wear something that is bound to fall apart and have to pull a Britney. Girls today should be owning their own bodies without having to please their counterparts, feel beautiful without the repercussion of what guys think about you a guy will find you attractive either way at least the "good" ones you don't want douche bags hitting on you

• So a girl who dresses less modestly than you do is a whore? Just because I'm not ashamed of my body and show some leg or cleavage makes me a whore? And what's wrong with liking attention from men? I get so pissed off when people automatically think a girl is a whore or just looking for attention just because she shows some skin. You dress in what you like, and I'll dress the way I like. Damn. Whatever happened to freedom of expression and live and let live?

• Yes modesty does still count because, I consider myself to be conservative. I feel like the whole world doesn't have to see "half of my birthday suit/ my body" lol... It more special when less people see it, but it that question does come into my mind soooometimeess...

• you can still look sexy even in conservative clothing, as long as they flatter all of your curves! it's good to leave a little mystery because I think guys really find it refreshing!

• SAME here! Its hard for me tho cause I've got huge boobs so it always looking like I'm trying to be a whore

• Nope

Guys want eye candy ha ha and a "conservatively dressed" girl isn't that

And them showing off their bodies doesn't make them whores

• I disagree, any meaningful guy would look for more depth in a girl's character. Her personality is outlined by the way she dresses and I like modestly dressed girls for that matter. "Sexy" is not always about how much skin you show. Lol, to me a girl exposing too much skin is stupid not sexy. "Sexy" to me is a girl's personality and her ideas...which you get a glimpse of by the way she dresses. A girl can be well-dressed and still look a lot sexier than a girl in her skin.

• I can honestly say I have more guys come up to me and talk to me when I dress modestly and cute. A little skin and confidence is all you need to have guys approach you. I wear sexier looking clothes when I go out, but generally I'm a modestly dressed person. Yes, the guys will look when you wear skimpy clothing, but who wouldn't!? Plus, being respectful when you're just "out and about" is one thing that I have a very strong opinion about. Children and old people don't need to see your ass..

• And we all know how many guys are complaining about girls showing off skin *sarcasm*

• if a girl is dressed "like a whore" its gonna be instantly attractive to a guy, but only for sexual reasons. if a girl is dressed modestly and she's still attractive, she's gonna come off more like relationship material

• I wear modest clothes too. in the sense that I'm not showing my boobs to the world, or passing off bikini tops as shirts. I wear clothes that cover me but at the same time, tight enough that it shows off my body. I wear jeans that elongate my legs. so it's possible to be modest, and show off at the same time