Should I stop looking away?

I'm very shy. I've heard people (both guys and girls) say I'm cute even though I disagree (low self-esteem). Ever since I was little, I was made fun of for having a guy best friend and now that I'm 16 years old, I lost my best friend and I have trouble talking to guys. Even getting close to them gets me nervous. BUT, I like this guy and he doesn't exactly stare at me, but I see him sometimes glance my way and try to make eye-contact. I'd love to look into his beautiful eyes all day, but it just gets me so nervous so I look away. Is this wrong? I like him and I don't want to send the wrong message. What should I do? Please help :[

Most Helpful Guy

• you don't even have to hold the eye contact with him, next time he glances at you you can look away but smile right away and don't turn your face so he can't see that smile and remember he can be shy to so try to let him catch you glancing at him and try to make at least small talk like saying hi even or commenting on anything that is going on or something he is doin... if your brave enough. and remember no guy is going to be like ew that girl talked to me or looked at me

What Guys Said 2

• yur probably right for looking away. if I was the guy, id be kind of freaked out a little bit if a girl stared at me for a long period of time, even after I noticed. but maybe looking at him for a little while after he notices would be helpful. might give him the impression that you like him

• well first of all why do you worry about what your friends say about guys your friends with you should lose them friends instead also a lot of guys are shy and afraid of another rejection and prefur the girl to ask us out

What Girls Said 0