Ladies: can tattoos be sexy?

On a man, that is. If so, where do you think a tattoo would be attractive?

Most Helpful Girl

• it TOTALLY depends on what it is. it has to be masculine. a guy I know just got wings tattooed down his back. wings! that totally turned me off. same with stars, flowers or phrases in cursive. phrases are good if they're meaningful, but men PLEASE don't have them tattoo it in CURSIVE. do you write in girly loopy cursive? I doubt it. but your mom probably does. speaking of mom, the mom tattoo is NOT attractive. I'm glad you love your mom, but that screams mama's boy. as far as where it is, the shoulder is always a good bet. then if you wear sleeves, you can cover it up, but on your 3rd date or so you wear a tank it's a surprise. girls love intrigue. it's so sexy because then it just makes you wonder what the rest of his body looks like sans clothes...

What Girls Said 13

• Absolutely. My dude has tattoos all over the place. Like 14 or something in all. One on his neck, a few on his chest, one on his stomach, a few up and down each arm [wrist to shoulder], one on his hand, and his knuckles on both hands. And plans for more. Some of them are for his kids, and the one across his stomach is the same one his brother has, for family.

It's not everybody's thing, but I like them.

• I think it depends on the tattoo... I hate men who have their arms, legs, backed covered in tattoos. I think it's horrible and intimidating.

However, I have a friend who has a star in circle on his wrist and I don't have a problem with it. It's subtle and not intrusive.

Basically when it's the point of a really noticeable tattoo it's unattractive.

• Yes, arms or back :)

• If they're not trashy and on a guy who's attractive and fit, then yes. Otherwise...no.

• Complete back pieces and sleaves :)

• Yes! I love sleeve tattoos with the tribal design :)

• Generally, you can't go wrong with getting them on your arms.

On some guys, tattoos on the chest are attractive also.

Arms, chest pretty much it for me.

• Not to me.

• Too much tattoos is not that cool but 1or 2 can be really hot.

• it always depends on what it is and what it means. they can be super sexy or super trashy.

• What about the location though? Is there a certain part of the body that is a definite no-no?

• Lower back for girls - so trashy. Facial tattoos are iffy - I mean, it's up to you, it's a personal choice, but it's your FACE! haha. Leg tattoos should be strategically placed..not just out in the middle of nowhere. Mostly for location issues with guys its like watch out for areas that might be feminine - lower back, belly, hips, wrist - it can be done, but just be smart. Mostly I care about what it looks like - some tattoos are just rancid ugly.

• yeah its sexy mostly on the arm or in yah back...

• i don't generally like tattoos on guys. I think they're untasteful

• i love men with tattoos, I like them to have them everywhere like some on face, neck, arms, chest, etc. I like that tatted up look

What Guys Said 0