Who should it be, who it is, why is that?

Okay so there are 3 main girls at school.

1. A mean, superficial girls with a skinny sexy body and gorgeous face but she wears a ton of make up and is the most popular girl in the popular crowd but doesn't speak to outsiders.

2. A really funny, chill, loyal, outgoing, and honest girl with a chubby little body and okay face because she never wears make up and who never judges and is friends with everyone.

3. A girl with a chubby body and awkward face, but she's really nice to everyone and really quiet and though she doesn't have much of a personality, she's fun to be around and talk to.

Girl number 1 gets all the hot guys, girl number 3 gets all the average guys, and girl number 2 gets guy friends. Why is this? I thought personality was most important?

Most Helpful Guy

• lol I think I would perfectly go in with girl number 2 (but I'm a guy!):P but with out the chubby part lol :D

most people say personality is most important but its not true its always about da looks if you look good then you gonna get a sexy girl or guy but if you ain't lookin good then you ain't gonna get da sexy 1s

hope I helped :D

• U did. I'm just confused as hell because I would think girl 2 would get the guys because she's not chubby just curvy but girl 1 gets all the guys.

• Yep I knw what you sayin but it ain't gonna happen in reality

What Guys Said 4

• girl 1 is clearly trying to present herself well and, frankly, people who are exclusionary to just their circle of friends can still have fantastic personalities. Frankly, girl 1 sounds like an amazing girl. The rest seem to have problems with personality (3) or effort to present herself well (2).

its all important, but girl 1 hasn't don't anything wrong, and the rest of the stuff she is doing right.

would you want an attractive popular guy, who wears all the clothes you love the most, is in good shape, and whose friends consists mostly of the 30 guys he plays with the football team after school every day and seemed to be well liked by those he hung out with. His personality is not specifically discussed.

vs

a guy with an really great personality but is out of shape a bit, don't really do anything with his hair or shave properly and wears that one Pittsburgh Steelers superbowl t-shirt a few too many times a month for it to possibly always be fresh. but everyone knows him and thinks he's pretty cool!

vs

A guy who frankly is nerdy looking and has lots of zits. He seems extremely quiet and doesn't say all that much. He's pretty boring to talk to. But lord does he know how to party.

thats what you just presented to us. The choice is OBVIOUS.

• I'm probably the weirdo here, but if I had to choose which guy I would want in order it would go the guy with the great personality, the nerd, the popular guy. So I don't really understand what the "obvious" choice is.

• Then you're clearly bringing a bias in, because the guys were described as 1) good personality, idealized appearance, popular 2) good personality, bad appearance, moderate popularity 3) horrible personality horrible appearance, once redeeming factor but no popularity.

since it was a clear scale where each guy was lessened in each category significantly compared to the other, you had to have made an automatic assumption that popular = a negative attribute, since everything else clearly lowered.

• I find popularity to be a huge positive attribute and I also don't think popularity says a single thing about their personality or friendliness since they can be popular for being cutthroat or be popular for being really personable and fun to be around.

lack of popularity scares me, because, even if you don't want to admit it.... some personality flaw (or physical) is the reason why unpopular people are so. That stuff *really* is merit based and not as biased as people think it is.

• "and though she doesn't have much of a personality, she's fun to be around and talk to."

How can this be? If 'she's fun to be around and talk to' then she must have a personality.

• The Fuck it is, but not in terms of sex, and 2 and 3 don't sound like people men are attracted to mentally.

• Im talkin about in forreal relationships.

• Number 1 is sexy as hell (no homo)

• I'm not in it for the sex, very few guys really are, most of the time they do those things because they are insecure about themselves, just letting you know.

• You thought wrong...but looks become less important the older we get.

What Girls Said 2

• So you're angry that you aren't attractive and make it out to be that every attractive skinny girl is superficial and wearing make-up.Nice

• No actually I'm none of these girls just an outsider who observes things and this specific girl is that way.

• because guys are visual jerk offs and most would rather bang something pretty than get with the nice girl who won't hurt them : /

• Amen!

• You know what makes me mad? this delusion that men are shallow, it is so ridiculous, women, no offense, have it driven into them that they are more emotionally sofisticated as children, and that men are shallow, but men rarely like a girl just because of her looks, the reason we date those girls are because we try and cover up the insecuritys we have about ourselves. We really do prefer nice girls, so you women out there proclaiming that men are shallow need to understand this,

• I laugh because you say that and then young money said id pick 2 but only if she's in great shape : /