Does makeup make girls unattractive?

I wear makeup. Not a lot (no blue eyeshadow or lip gunk), but do guys consider it unattractive when girls wear makeup? If so, why?

Most Helpful Guy

• The only time I find a girls with makeup on unattractive is when they put TOO much on, or when girls try too hard to get people to notice what marvellous colour their eyeshadow is by caking their eyes in the stuff.

In my opinion, the less is more approach works really well. You don't need to apply makeup to every square inch of your face to get guys to find you attractive or to get people to notice.

What Guys Said 5

• Well if you are wearing it correctly, then guys shouldn't really even notice that you have makeup on. Obviously it makes girls look better, otherwise why would anyone wear it?

• I agree with what everyone here says in answer to your question. Too much makeup is NOT a good idea and with some women, they don't _need_ any makeup! If you want to accentuate your eyes, use only the barest amount and use one that brings out your eyes, and not too startlingly! Use a color that goes with your eye color. Lipstick can be OK, if it isn't garish! Dark lipstick with dark skin color isn't good, and vice versa ... light color lipstick with light skin color. A _little_ color on the cheekbones just to accentuate them. If you have freckles, don't hide them ... make them _work_ for you! If you use makeup to hid skin blemishes (acne), use skin cleanser to get rid of the active blemishes ... don't cake the make up over them, that'll only make them worse (I got this from listening to my older sisters talking to each other as well as with their friends)! The same goes for hair color ... accentuate what you have, don't mask it (cover it over)...some women just don't look that great as blonds! :/

• Its only unattractive when there's too much.

• too much make-up is unattractive

but light make-up can definitely enhance the inner beauty out of u

• I think makeup looks good on a girl.

What Girls Said 1

• No makeup doesn't make girls unattractive that's craziness. In fact most of the girls guys consider very attractive wear makeup.