Is weight really an issue for women?

I am a tall guy (6'2"), athletic (I dance and train in martial arts as well as bike, run, and lift weights), cultured and enjoy many things in life. I'm told I am cute/handsome/attractive by a decent number of girls and women. My one problem it seems is my weight.

I have an accelerated metabolism and have to eat constantly to keep healthy so I can eat all I want and not gain an ounce in bodyweight. I weigh about 140lbs on a given day. I have around 1% body fat (which isn't healthy mind you). The way my body is built makes me look heavier than I am (160-170ish). I've had many a female deny me for reasons of "I make them feel fat," because they weigh about the same but are six inches shorter or something similar. I realize girls are self conscious about their weight like guys are about their penis size, but c'mon, it's ridiculous in my opinion. I can pick the girls up in my arms and toss them up in the air, I can carry them on my back for quite some time, and I find them just as sexy and desirable as before.

So ladies, honestly would have an issue being with a taller man (5+inches) who weighs as much or less than you do, but can still literally sweep you off of your feet? Why do you think I've met these issues with other women?

Most Helpful Girl

• OMG! You sound really close to perfect! LOL! You must have some flaw! LOL!

I LOVE when a guy is taller then me, I think everything just fits better together! And the fact that you can pick them up in your arms! WOW! Makes things really interesting!

honestly, if I loved the guy, all of these things really wouldn't matter, sure I'd have my insecurities in the beginning, but as I got accustomed to him, they would fade! I'd love him for him, and I definitely wouldn't let these weight issues get between me and him!

best of luck!

What Girls Said 6

• That seems like they're just a little too self-conscious.

I mean I'm very self-conscious myself, but that wouldn't even bother me.

If I found him attractive and vice versa, I wouldn't be concerned if he weighed less than or as much as me. It's pretty pointless :]

• Hey Aly-Marie, I am looking at your profile photo and I am amazed that you are self-conscious about the way you look. You are a very pretty young lady. You really shouldn't be worried about your looks.

As I am getting older I am starting to realize that women see themselves very differently than what guys see.

I wonder if us guys do the same thing, I don't think I am attractive yet I get flirted with all the time (When I am in a good mood).

It boils down to how you feel inside!

• Thanks :]

Yeah, I think most people see themselves a little differently. I've met lots of guys too that were attractive, but they didn't think they were.

• First of all, I love the height difference. I'm barely 5'2'' but I've always loved guys your height. I even dated a guy that was borderline 6'5'' before. The weight thing might make me slightly self conscious however. I weight a little under 120 so normally it's not a problem, but if I thought our personalities clicked I would get over it.

• I've never had this situation, but I don't think I could handle being heavier than the guy I was with. Especially if he was a lot taller than me. If you're going after a girl who looks like she's around 140 or so, maybe you just shouldn't mention your weight. Just let her think that you're 170 or whatever. I agree that it shouldn't really matter, but no girl wants to be with someone who makes them feel fat.

• Weight really is an issue. When girls meet guys like you that seem to be interested in them they get self-concious because they feel like they don't measure up to you and that you could find someone who looked a lot better then them. I have had that moment before and I'm sure everyother girl has to where they feel like they just don't measure up. If you really are interested in someone that feels that way try complimenting her body and telling her how hot / beautiful she is. Now for throwing the girls in the air and carrying them around, I know that a lot of girls don't like that because they feel like they are to heavy and when you carry them you are gonna realize that.

It is sad because society today puts so much pressure on girls to be thin and look a certain way and its up to guys like you to change the way they think about themselves. I hope I helped!

• We really are SUPER self conscious about our weight. I have to say though, I don't understand why the girls were upset about you weighing the same or less than them. If you can pick me up and throw me in the air, you're making me feel thin, no matter how much you weigh! You really do sound perfect!

• Hell no. Who cares if he weighs the same? XD

What Guys Said 2

• Here is an idea, just lie about your weight. Make them feel good.

You know, this is off the subject a little but I just wanted to tell the "plump" women here that it is ok to be curvy. THere are plenty of guys that like round women(including me ) and it seems to be in vogue nowadays.

I guess it's all those hip-hop videos out there with the ladies shaking their rumps on camera. Don't get me wrong though, I like cute little butts also.

I guess it comes down to proportions(SP?) and a pretty face. Weight shouldnt be an issue for looks, if you want to lose weight for health reasons go for it, if you feel healthy and have a few extra pounds don't worry about it.

Sorry for the rambling response thanatos, lol.

• I completely understand what you mean I'm 6'5" weighing in at 155lbs. I can't gain weight if my life depended on it. Girls either think. "thats gross or this guy weighs less then me." It doesn't even matter if I'm uber nice either. I've been called "cute" and all that but nothing more. So, many girls seem like they are self-conscious no matter what they say.