Everyone at my school (including my own girlfriend now) keeps calling me a redneck because of how I dress?

Lately, a lot of people at my school here in Arizona keep calling me a trailer trash Redneck constantly. It's on a daily basis now, and I'm getting tired of it. I ask them why, and they say its because of my lifted truck, the way I dress, and the fact that I dip chewing tobacco. My own girlfriend is starting to call me it now too because she's sick of me dipping Skoal. I like the taste of it though. I also work at a stable part time, and I also participate in rodeo and bull riding. I also go shooting a lot on the weekends out in the desert with some of my buddies. I have a slight accent (I'm originally from Texas), but it ain't even that strong. Just because I wear cowboy boots, Western style plaid or flannel shirts, Wrangler blue jeans, a buckle, a ball cap (usually camo design) and I always tuck my shirt in does not make me a trailer trash redneck. My family don't even live in a trailer, we have a nice house. I don't get why people can't just stop assuming I'm a redneck and I live in a trailer. I ain't trailer trash. They just judge me by how I dress and act and by what I drive. Y'all got any suggestions or advice?

Most Helpful Girl

• Unfortunately, people do judge a person's class by appearance. It has been like this since the Roman Empire. Honestly, I think you should just ignore them, they are not worth your time or energy. If you can't ignore them, then simply just change your look. You don't need to change your car. That's too much of an expensive decision. Just wear your shirt untucked. Unless you have a problem with your pants falling down, lose the belt. If you do, then wear the belt on your pants and let your shirt go over it. You don't need to change your hobbies or anything. Wear a pair of Nike sneakers or something like that. These people are just stereotypes. I believe redneck is a terrible name to call people from the South. If changing your clothes doesn't work, then just ignore. Be yourself, who cares what other people think about you? In 2-3 years you won't even see these guys again.

What Girls Said 6

• Well, with the image you give off, it really is the stereotypical "redneck" image - what can you expect people to say? Yeah, people judge you by how you dress and act - it's not news, and to be honest, a lot of times it's correct. If you don't like it, either ignore it (which I recommend) or change yourself.

• Sweetheart move to South Georgia! You will never have that problem cause compared to some you will seem like a Yankee lol.

• I don't think you should let someones opinion affect you like that especially when they don't know the first thing about you. everything you go through is what makes you who you are, not some label someone had to come up with. Why should they bother you if they can't even take the time to get to know you for themselves.

• ok so that's what a redneck isss aaahhh I never knew as I'm from England and I didn't know! Do they hate blacks too?

• U ain't redneck Ur cowboy /country boy

• stop being so concerned about others

but appearance does matter fyi

What Guys Said 3

• Time to kick someone's ass. Once you make an example out of one person who pokes fun at you, the rest will see what happened to that kid who made fun of you and they won't mess with you anymore.

• They're not 6

• Dont matter what age the guys are, guys learn better from being shown the consquences of something they did. Just telling them knock it off ain't gonna stop a group of teenagers. My advice is go up to who ever is being the biggest Asshole about it and smack him around a bit. It will send out a message not to screw with you.

• You kind of exaggerated a little too much to make this story believable. Try again.

• LOL, very cleverly done.