Should I forgive her?

one morning when I was getting ready for school, my sister starts being very rude to me.

well, I was brushing my teeth, and I leaned over to spit, and my school shirt kinda slipped off my bra. because I always have my top button undone, because if I have it done up, it feels very tight around my throat. back to the point, she saw that it had fallen over my bra and she says "skant" (her word for skank, she doesn't swear). then later on, as I'm about to leave, she says that I am a prostitute, and not her sister because any sister of hers wouldn't dress like I do (I was wearing my skinniez and school shirt -slightly see through- with no under shirt, because it was hot).

so do I forgive her?

never mind people...

ur all bein very bitchy about this

Most Helpful Girl

• Talk to her about it. Ask her why she said it and let her know how it made you feel.

I know everyone else is saying that this is ridiculous and stupid, but maybe there's a reason why she's taking issue to how you're dressing. Maybe she's worried that other people are going to judge you based on what you're wearing and doesn't want to see that happen to you. Or maybe people have actually made comments to her about how you dress and she's taking it personally because you're her sister.

I have no idea if how you dress or behave might give you a bad reputation, but I know personally, my older sister had a reputation as a "slut" in high school and when they made comments about her, I had a mix of emotions about it. I wanted to stand up for her because she was my sister, but I also felt angry with her because of the negative attention she was given, and I was given because I was her sister.

I'm not saying this is necessarily the case, but I do think its worth talking to her about why she said it and letting her know it hurt your feelings. She is your sister, afterall.

What Guys Said 3

• Are you sure she wasn't just joking?

Because this just sounds ridiculous. How old is your sister?

• lol This is stupid.

• Dumb

What Girls Said 4

• She's your sister. You should forgive her. You will bicker and fight all your lives, but she's family and she was probably just being mean for the sake of being mean. Maybe she's jealous, or maybe she's actually being protective of you but doesn't want it to come across that way. I'd just let it go and move on. She's your sister at the end of the day and you will undoubtedly say more hurtful things to each other and still end up in each others' arms if somebody else hurt one of you.

• Uhm. I don't think it's that serious. Maybe ask her about it, or just ignore it. I'd probably act like it didn't happen...

• if your sister is young forgive her. but if she's old just ask her why are you treating me like this?

• gurl put on an under shirt ya hoe!

• It was hot!

im not a hoe, I have a boyfriend, and I don't cheat, and I'm a f***ing virgin