Are terrible haircuts the ultimate turnoff for anyone else?

I swear, I could be practically in love with a guy, but if he gets a hideous haircut, it'd usually kill most of my feelings for him.

For example, there was a guy I had a crush on a while ago. We weren't in class together anymore this year, and I was already sort of losing my feelings for him, but I could tell he wasn't by the looks he was giving me. Today I saw him with his nice, thick, medium length hair shaved into a PURPLE MOHAWK. He looks like a complete idiot, and I think any remaining feelings I have for him are 100% dead.

Even more stupid, he was visibly upset at the look of horror on my face. Well, what do you think, idiot?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think your a shallow girl - what if it were a joke that he wanted to participate in with his buddies; out of good humor. Your gonna judge him, as a person, by a haircut?

Don't get me wrong, if I were in your shoes with a girl that had a purple mohawk, I'd be thinking: "Wtf were you thinking?!" But I wouldn't drop my feelings for them, I'd speak up and say: "Dude, what the hell'd you do to your hair; it used to be sexy and not it's just funny-lookin" - while it may hurt their feelings, it'll probably help them out because I'm certain your not the only one thinking they look rediculous.

~ ArtistBBoy

• I didn't "drop" my feelings for him...I just have a hard time liking someone when I can't look at him without thinking, "Ew, your lumpy head." I've been drifting away from him for months, and it was a lot like the last nail in the coffin.

I promise, if I were that shallow, I wouldn't have liked him in the first place. He's not conventionally attractive by any means. But the mohawk? Way too much for me.

• I stand corrected as I misunderstood what you said - I thought you meant they "dropped" in a milisecond, but thanks for the correction. Been there a thousand times before, it's good that you pay attention to what you want, you aren't losing anything by moving on; and to answer your question, yes I do the same thing.

What Guys Said 3

• it must be a turn off because my hair is always terrible and girls avoid me like the plague

• Your not shallow, you can't help it how you feel about someone. If the haircut turns you off then it does.

• I thought bowl cuts were in this season, rats.

As long as there is a healthy mop of hair, and it doesn't look like a monkey has butchered it with a hair clipper then I'm content. Extra points if its not greasy and smells fragrant as well.

What Girls Said 1

• lol. it happens. haircuts are really important. a good one can make you look hot, but a bad one can make you look...bad