How come rock/metal chicks always have to be tomboys?

im a rocker. and id love to have a rocker girl but..i never cared for the tomboy image that comes with. is there such thing as a rocker girl that's more on the girly side, but still has some tomboy like characteristics

Most Helpful Girl

• Certainly. I am a living, breathing example :P I love classic rock, rock, metal, punk, you name it. But I don't look like a tomboy. I dress and look feminine. Long blond hair, some make-up, girly clothes, etc. I shop at mainstream stores and wear things that compliment me. And there is certainly the very opposite, a complete tomboy who is more like a girl. My friend has always dressed more like a guy, and has done more guy-ish activites and things. But she listens to pop, pop-rock, mainstream, etc. She flirts a lot with guys and can act very girly. It all depends on the person. You'll find someone who matches your criteria.

What Girls Said 4

• um.. I don't think rocker chicks become Tomboys.. I think Tomboys become rocker chicks..

I've been a Tomboy since before grade school and was attracted to the rock scene when I was first introduced to it... Honestly, I think any girly "rocker chicks" are posers acting for the guy they want to leech off of.. f***in groupies... I hate em.

• Also somehow true... you kinda have to be a tomboy almost to like that kind of music otherwise it just doesn't make sense :\ imagine some ditsy girlie girl with a frilly pink skirt at a rock concert... awkward.

• I love my heavy metal/rock and yet I'm still girly.. and I guess I am tomboy in a few ways too... so yeah there's such a thing.. just we are hard to find :P

• yup :)

• Right here. Lol when people see my musical tastes theyre so shocked because I don't "look like" I listen to that kinda music. But I love it all haha.

What Guys Said 1

• I've met a couple of chicks who were rocker girls, and one was actually hot as hell, but just dressed like a slob at times, but this was back when grunge was the style, and bands like Nirvana and pearl jam, killed off the 80s hair bands. Flannel was huge then, and its back from being grunge to almost preppy.

That was when rock was actually considered the rock era, nothing like today, but anyways back to the chick, she wore band shirts and jeans and then you would go to her room and it was as girly as it could be.

If you want to find some really hot down to earth chicks, your listening to the wrong type of music, country music is where it is at. Just go hit up a George Strait concert and you will see.