Is it okay to buy ur man stuff?

i've been with him for 2 years and I enjoy buying him things like clothes, shoes, hats, etc. is its okay (normal) to be his suga-mama?

i feel bad because he's in school and doesn't have a lot of $$$ so I "hook him up". he rarely buys me things, but the way I see it as: I don't expect anything in return, because its a genuinely kind gesture.

Thanks!

42

Most Helpful Guy

• i wouldn't make a habit out of it. you don't want him to expect these things from you all the time. me personally I don't like for a girlfriend to buy me things all the time unless maybe its a birthday or christmas. it seems like nowadays men think its cool to let a woman buy all their things for them. they go and brag to their friends how they got it like that, trust me I've got a couple friends that say this. its time for guys to start acting like men and treat their women.

What Guys Said 1

• It's not bad but it could make him feel not so wright because he doesn't have money to do the same to you.

• But do you think that's what's keeping up together? could it be he's using me?

• I appreciate your help!

^_^

What Girls Said 4

• there is nothing wrong with that I buy my boyfriend stuff all the time whether or not he wants it or needs it eventho me and him do alternate like I buy him a shirt or something he would offer to pay my way into the movie or something but I don't ever expect something in return either when I buy my boyfriend something its something that guys have always wanting to impress us girls somehow with something whether or not its cash or jewlery or a sample of perfume but at leas its something bettr then him not doing anything at all it doesn't always have to be ina form of material even holding the door or my purse for alittle while will do it jus depends on what you think what you want in the relationship and what you don't or do mind doing for someone

• i would say its a bad thing. Firstly because he asks you. You are not his mom, and if he needed more money to buy things he legitimately wants or needs he could easily get off his ass and get a part time job. Now you would know that he isn't using you if he takes the effort to do things for you that make you feel loved/appreciated/special.

I would just be careful, because at the end of the day "hooking him up" with stuff won't mean a damn thing, material love won't keep him

• Ok.as long as you don't overdo it. If he returns the favor by making you dinner or something else and genuinely appreciates it it's fine. But if he asks you to buy things all the time than that's not right.

• that is totally fine unless it is isn't being appreciated. I was in a similar situation that turned out pretty bad because I was just being used. I realized it and got out of that situation. it doesn't seem like you're in that situation but as long as he's treating you right! ;]