Is it a turnoff for a girl not to party?

Being in college it seems like everybody is a part of the party sign. Will a guy turn a girl down if he finds out she doesn't party?

When I mean partying I mean going out to get drunk. I like to have fun.
Im still trying to figure a way to classify this. I think of partying as going out and getting drunk. I have a lot of fun just with out spending every weekend at parties.

24

Most Helpful Girl

• Doubtful. Even though it's not true for everyone that parties, the image most people get of the "party girl" is a sloppy drunk wearing a too short dress stumbling down the street and hooking up with random guys. A lot of guys in college like to party and like to meet girls at parties, but most of them it seems would love if their girlfriends didn't party very often. None of that added jealousy or worries. That being said, not every girl who parties is like the girl I described. Guys do like a girl who can have fun, but that does not mean you have to be a party girl to if it's not your style.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 4

• I don't party either. Not partying is perfectly fine by me, but hanging out with you still has to be entertaining some way. That pretty much depends on whatever guy is judging you.

• If he's a party warrior then yes, if he doesn't like to party then no.

• Update: The question is, is your way of having fun = getting drunk and partying? I stand by my first statement - I already thought that was what you were talking about. xD If he tends to get drunk then he would like a party girl. If he doesn't ever get drunk then he would like a non-party girl. It makes sense.

• Thanks. You answered my question. I updated it because I don't think some of the others did.

• You mean party like get drunk and stoned all the time? No. It don't do that either so its not a turn off. As long as you still like to have fun though.

• Nope, just have to find someone who likes girls that don't like to drink, they are out their you just have to find them...

What Girls Said 1

• I don't party much either, but I the past two people I dated have been very into partying. I went with them, hungout, sobercabbed them most of the time. It wasn't that big of a deal, but I didn't like them doing it every single night or weekend or whatever. It never really got in the way of anything, and I think they respected it somewhat! So, if you find a guy that doesn't really care, it is definitely not a turnoff :)

• Did you ever feel like a babysitter though?

• Eh, no not really. But the guys also knew how to handle themselves while being drunk. I mean, I watched out for them...but most guys know how to drink quite a bit without making thaaat stupid of decisions.