Women's sizes in jeans compared to inches of men?

I wear 29" jeans, but can wear a couple of inches smaller but rarely ever see a 28" or 27" in mens. But I always found it weird that men have inches for jeans whereas women have 'sizes'. So in womens sizes I am a 6 or 8. I was just wondering why women don't just have inches like men. Or why men don't just have sizes like women?

Womens waists are 3 inches higher than mens, or so I have heard, especially when getting measurements. Kind of as depicted on this page:

clickable: link

And mentioned on that page, depending on the manufacturer the jean size can be +/- 1 or 2 inches in the waist and +/- 1 inch in length.

Here is a nice chart list of various sizes:

clickable: link

And here is a page that talks about converting from womens jeans to mens, it also had a shoe conversion as well:

clickable: link

Add 21 to the womens size jean to get the mens inches jean.

If you wear a ladies size 12 jean you would try a men's size 33" waist. 12+21=33"

For shoes, to convert a women's size to a men's size subtract 1 1/2 sizes from the ladies. So a size 9 1/2 in women's would be an 8 in a men's.

So what do yall think about this?

and which would you prefer?

• Vote A Keep things the way they are. Women-Sizes / Men-Inches
  • Vote B Goto only sizes.
  • Vote C Goto only inches.
  • Vote D Have both sizes and inches, for both women and men.

Most Helpful Girl

• Women's jeans are victim of vanity sizing. The same number size in two different brands may be completely different in sizes altogether. Its complicated. European women's jeans come in inches, but even those you can't count on. I can range from a size 2 to a size 7. Forget online shopping. Such a pain in the ass.