• Ask
  • myTake

Women's sizes in jeans compared to inches of men?

I wear 29" jeans, but can wear a couple of inches smaller but rarely ever see a 28" or 27" in mens. But I always found it weird that men have inches... Show More

This question has a poll!

• Vote A Keep things the way they are. Women-Sizes / Men-Inches
  • Vote B Goto only sizes.
  • Vote C Goto only inches.
  • Vote D Have both sizes and inches, for both women and men.

Most Helpful Opinion

• Women's jeans are victim of vanity sizing. The same number size in two different brands may be completely different in sizes altogether. Its complicated. European women's jeans come in inches, but even those you can't count on. I can range from a size 2 to a size 7. Forget online shopping. Such a pain in the ass.

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 3

• women like to have smaller numbers to describe their wastes. Being a "6" is better than being a "28"It makes no difference in the long run, why should we care?

• Both sizes and inches would be cool, 'cos sizes are better for just buying, inches are better for tailoring.I'm around an 8 in girls clothing, too ^^ But, that's in the shops I usually go to. Every shop f***ing changes what sizes mean. Its really annoying. That way, inches would be better to compliment sizes, as well.

• I've asked my mom and sisters about this and they say that they don't want the inches because it tells them how big they are, it's better to see a size 8 then 28". I personally wouldn't want sizes in men's because I wear a 32"w34"L and as it's hard already to find jeans/pants and just going on a number would not help the situation because normally people are as wide or wider then they are tall so say a size 12 would only really cover waist and not length. I hear tall girls have this problem to.