Guys, if you can't have the best of both worlds...

What would you go for?

A beautiful girl who's dumb or

an "average" looking girl who can hold an intellectual conversation?

Most Helpful Guy

• Women who rely on this either/or paradigm just don't understand men. At all. Generally speaking, we're all pretty shallow, some more than others. We are fairly visual creatures. Now, a smart girl should notice what men in general find attractive and play to those odds if she wants to catch a man. Of course this goes both ways. And then once in the relationship, both sides have the responsibility to work to continually improve themselves in order to keep their partner's interest.

That said... I do lean more toward the latter, but it really is a package deal. I must find her attractive in body, heart, mind and spirit.

What Guys Said 8

• I'd have to say one with brains because I want to enjoy being with the one I'm with and I know it's a stereotype but with the beautiful dumb ones, I would imagine their more likely to be too much into themselves and for them, a fun night is going out partying. I don't want a girl that thinks that way and I'm over partying all the time. A problem though is that interest usually begins with attraction unless you already know the person. I imagine that questions on here are very likely to be about the asker or the askers situation and if it is in this case, I'd say your more than just average.

• Thinking too deeply into it lol, I wasn't referring to myself. A guy friend and I were arguing about it the other night and I wanted to know if most guys thought the same thing as him...

• beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so give me someone intelligent.

• Average with a brain, I abhor dumb people. It's beyond loathing actually. Not to mention in 20 short years that beautiful girl will most likely not be so beautiful anymore.

• The second at any time, but I should find her physically attractive as well. You don't necessarily have to be "beautiful" to be attractive

• I would have to be in a relationship with both in order to see which one I would want. Its hard for me to choose since I've never been in a relationship.

• The way I see it is,If you can't communicate with someone what's the point?...I would pass on the dumb girl for the Average any day

• For just now? Beautiful hot girl, I can have an intelligent conversation with many people.

For life I'd say the 'average' looking girl, because I'd probs end up in prison for murdering the dumb girl.

• Definitely the average looking girl who can hold a good conversation (provided I find her attractive enough). And I find it not so much intellectual conversation - I find opinionated people can be very annoying sometimes if they argue for the sake of arguing - but a girl who can see things from others' points of view, listen well, and offer words of wisdom/encouragement. Beauty can be worked on, but having the life experience to see things from others' point of view - that's gold.

• How is seeing thing from others' points of view possible without being in their place (which we know is not possible)? You possibly can only make assumptions but not be 100% sure if you're right or wrong.

• That's why life and experience is important - the more experience, the better you get at putting yourself in another's shoes. Not everyone is good at empathising with others - it's a skill, and that's why a girl who empathises well makes a good conversationalist, and hence an attractive person to me, MORE than if she was pretty but self-centred.

What Girls Said 0