What's more important?

So we all know that looks only get you so far - and personality is the key for a long lasting relationship; but that aside, what's really important.

The face or the body?

In a situation where you weren't just looking for a one night thing.

I guess what I'm asking is what is the first thing you look at and actually take into consideration when potentially getting into a relationship.

Most Helpful Guy

• To get into a relationship for me, I look for the looks - a good face, perhaps a good body but that's not the only thing I am thinking about. A girl's appearence is the first impression. Now, I sit down with her, we talk and get to know each other a little bit. That's when the personality starts to play in. If I want to get serious about a relationship, I want to make sure, she's into me for the right reasons, and that we feel the connection. Not just the physical attraction, but the emotional attraction as well.

basically, if you are talking about getting into a solid relation, then I look for the personality. But, if it's just a hook-up or a one night thing, I look for the looks. Don't get me wrong, looks are also important in a real relationship but they are not as important.

What Guys Said 3

• wow not only are you smart but you come up with a hard ass question also lol. Not sure but if I have too and I do id say the face my last two girlfriend ,the frist was very prety but her body was on the large size and to be honest that was a turn off my second wasnt a great looker but had a great body petite and hard. she didn't have any trouble at all keeping me turned on but there more to life then a great bod or a prety face. Id perfer sombody smart funny and sexy, atuidude has so much to with it . I'm sure a lot of people would agree its really hard to pick just one thing. Ray

• The face... because it reveals so much more about the person.

Although I've also developed real feeling without even meeting someone, too... well, not physically meeting them.

• The face is the most important, a attractive face is nice to look at. No ones wants a girl with a ugly face. Can you answer my question? link

What Girls Said 7

• If I was being superficial I would say face. But really when I think about a reltionship that doesn't even cross my mind. I only think about the personality and what not. If he has a great face than that's even better. Body? Not really a concern.

• For me to be even keep intrest in a guy you need to have a personality. I need to be able to have a conversation with you and be able to have fun with you . And the more personality that you the more attractive you will become. If you want to have a good realtionship it can't be based on looks and the type of body shape that you have. I'm not saying that they aren't important it is part but its not just the only thing that matters.

• I said that in my question - I'm just saying, there has to be something that attracts someone to another before a conversation is sparked up - and I was wondering what that is.

The face or the body.

• Yeah, I get what you're saying :)

• Hahahah okay I say that becasue the first thing I noticed about my boyfriend was his eyes

• Lets see. You can always change the body. But you can't change the face.

changing the body is just diet and exercise. Changing the face. you have to go under the knife.

• Face because if you see that person a lot you can't fake it if you only want them for their body

• Face because you can easily change your body-losing/gaining weight but you can't really change your face

• In my experience its body but then again I'm still young

• I would consider the body, as far as its a one night hook up but If I really want to get serious with a guy I would consider his personalities and morals.