Is gothic clothing a turn off?

Hi guys,

I have never been one for mainstream fashion. I wear corsets, high heels (I can actually walk easily in high heels and can breathe in corsets), black, dark purple, lots of older fashioned clothing including petticoats and parasols but I don't have black hair and I don't do heavy eye make up.

I get quite self conscious because guys hardly look at me yet I don't feel comfortable parading around in crop tops or just jeans and a tee shirt. Should I try harder to wear mainstream clothes or do some guys actually quite like the Gothic look?

Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• i like the gothic look. especially if they don't go overboard with the makeup. I think the best look is when a girl can rock the gothic look then wear a nice shirt and a pair of dark jeans once in a while, just to mix it up. I hate mainstream clothes personally because if its what everyone is wearing, then you are trying to be like everyone instead of trying to be yourself. go with what you're commfortabel with. I'm sure ou'll rock it better than sh*tty main stream clothes.

What Guys Said 8

• it's not a turn off, it's good, and it's a great thing that you are not following the mainstream.

I SALUTE YOU! :)

• Thank you sir, I salute you too for nicking an awesome username.

• Hehehe...no need for "Sir", I'm not old.

• Sorry, the old prim and proper all girls boarding school instincts kicking in. In that case.... Thank you dude, I salute you!

• I've grown a taste for girls with "alternative" looks lately. I guess I've just been embracing my inner attention whore and like girls who've done the same.

• hot

• turn off for me

never really sympathized with the whole goth scene, I think it looks ridiculous lol (no offense)

• Man I think goth is so hot. You have nothing to worry about you just gotta find a guy with a good taste in women.

• im not gonna read all that

but I really think it depents on your body type and how you wear them...some girls actually look great with the goth look...so pictures would help alot

• No! Your style is hot!

• I never understood the gothic fashion really. I understand people hear goth metal and goth pop and like to watch goth movies. Hey, I do too actually. But that doesn't mean you have to wear something that isn't even confortable, and make up...

Like the goth world? Yes, totally...

Live and show off your goth tastes? No. IMO.

It's like being a number one fan of the star wars and wear a jedi suit every day. pathetic actually...

• Nothing pathetic about wearing what you think makes you look attractive though... or even wearing something simple as a goth band shirt. same as showing your taste isn't it?

• So if you think you look sexy with poop on the top of your head, there's nothing pathetic about it...

What Girls Said 1

• As a girl who likes girls, I am definitely attracted to corsets and heels. I'm not sure if that's the type of attention you want, though. From my experience, I would say it really depends on the guy. Some might love it while others might just prefer a girl who can lounge around in sweats.