Do guys like to be told they look good?

For example... If he is wearing a specific color of shirt and you tell him he looks good in that color. This might sound like a stupid question but the reason I'm asking is that I was told by a guy once that's guys were indifferent to that type of praise.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 6

• I should take the compliments more as compliments, but I treat them like votes: more clothes like this, fewer clothes like that. It's how some of us learn style.

• Depends on if I care about your opinion or not. If I didn't know you then id be pretty happy if you tell me everyday I Look good then I would care less

• That guys was just trying to play it cool... everyone likes to be told they look good. :)

• I do. However, I would only believe it if a woman that loved me said it.

• Yes. It's nice to know that you've been noticed by someone.

• yes

What Girls Said 1

• guys love compliments just as much as we do

• False.

Unless you are going to tell me that when a strange man walks up to you and says "you have nice t*ts!" is something that you love.

Change that to a guy? and have a woman say "you have a nice ass" Do you think your average guy is going to be offended?

So again.. False.

• Telling someone (guy or girl) that their shirt is nice, is different from commenting on body parts. try a different analogy