Do you care if you date somebody with a surgery scar?

I have a surgery scar on my stomach that is extremely noticeable(since I had the surgery when I was a baby)...it is like a bump over the scar (or a tiny muffin top about 2-3 in long across my waist).

would anybody care about dating somebody with a noticeable scar?

Is it unattractive to have a noticeable scar?

P.S. my scar can be seen sometimes through my shirts because of the bump over the scar.

• I wouldn't care
  • I would care
  • Depends
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• My Uncle has a scar on his knee from surgery and it didn't stop him from getting married. I broke my collar bone playing soccer in high school and it didn't heal completely straight so now I have one collar bone that goes straight across and another that causes a little bump. It's not noticeable when you're looking at it unless you're looking for it but you can feel it. It makes a really a good story too, people always get a little freaked out or go, "Oh that's cool," when they feel the difference. Surgeries and scars happen, not much you can do about them...that and most people see a scar and assume there's a story behind it anyway and won't judge you for it.

What Guys Said 2

• I had a ruptured appendix and had to have emergency surgery and had the same bumpy scar as you are describing. I also have numerous other post surgery zipper scars that range from ten inches down my spine to 5 inch scars on both sides of my arm. I have a gsw scar on my upper arm that was a huge bump as well. I have been using scar zone and using massage techniques on the scars and it definitely seems to be helping with the appearance of them. To massage a scar press it until it turns white and then firmly rub out from it in all directions. It hurts at first but you can tell that it is breaking up the scar over time.

• No be yourself and forget those who can't except you.

What Girls Said 2

• anyone who is worth worrying about wouldn't care. I have heaps of surgery scars, one very ugly one on my bad and they don't worry me. just be yourself, someone amazing will love you for you.

• I think that if someone is not going to date you over a scar no matter how noticible then they are not worth it in the 1st place.It's not something that you can help or was your fault. In my opinion a scar is not a big deal. A lot of people have some type of scar from something. I wouldn't let it bother you.