Does the way a girl or guy looks matter to you?

What do you think.. does the way your boyfriend girlfriend look matter to you? weather there skinny average size or fat? the clothes they were makeup etc. his hair the way he dresses etc.? would you ever make fun of them because of the way they look? isn't what is inside of them what counts?

Most Helpful Guy

• It would be nice if what was inside them would matter, however whatever you are unable to express and show others is something that does not exist for the outer world. Your worth locked within you unseen by others is worthless.

So unfortunately looks are the primary factor in everyone's "rating system", because that's the first thing you see, and a LOT of people are so oblivious that they instantly apply positive characteristics to the person just based on looks, because they are unable to actually see their personality. This is the "halo effect". You can only see an image of the inside, and you can make assumptions based on it, but people can act absolutely differently from what they would do normally in unpressured circumstances.

We cannot know the inside of others well enough to take it into consideration as a primary factor, as it is not what we see for the first time. You can only make assumptions about the personality. You will never be able to "see" it.

P.S.: Anyways, I hate makeup because it hides people's natural beauty. Hair, face and eyes are the most important factors, the people who care about the body more than those three have never been truly attracted by girls and are immature and have no idea what they are talking about.

What Guys Said 3

• Yep. It matters to everyone, except blind people, and a few other exceptions.

• Looks don't matter at all

• I don't care what's inside a girl, cause I only really want a girl for sex. She better be freaking hot and not fat. And she better know how to blow. Otherwise no deal.

What Girls Said 1

• I would lie if I say it won't matter. At least I have to be attracted to him, there must something that attracts me to want to get to know that person. It could be physical (her hair, or eyes, or body, or face, etc) or non-phyical attributes (wit, funny and carefree attitude, etc). But all in all what makes me love and want to be with a person is his personality, his views/beliefs/perspective in life. I wouldn't care MUCH about how he dress and how he looks.