What does it mean when a guy tells you that he's really attracted to you.

I met a guy at the bar and we talked for about two hours and he told me I was cute and looked me up an down while we were outside. At the end of the night, he said "I'm really attracted to you, but the only way you would do anything with me is if you're really drunk." What does he mean by that?

Most Helpful Guy

• It means he lacks confidence and is playing a special kind of game. As a guy who used to be shy and insecure, I'd toss this out there as a sort of "trial close" in faint hopes she'd say "no, of course not, you're great!" It's fishing for a compliment, and in this case, a date.

The part about him saying you were cute is exactly what he says it is.

Now, if the guy has spiked hair, was wearing sunglasses at 2am, and wearing an Affliction T-shirt, then I toss all this out, and he's just putting on an act. But if the guy seemed a little nervous or shy and like a normal guy, then I stand by the above.

• But, what does a guy mean when he calls you cute. Like what is the difference than hot?

• It depends. Sometimes "cute" can be disarming, like if its said sarcastically, he may mean it to throw you off your guard, as if you're cute, but not hot. For me, however, I usually find something about a girl that's cute, like her hair or her laugh. In my case, "cute" is the kind of attractive I'm looking for. "Hot" is somewhat immature and usually involves cleavage and a great body. Cute means a girl you are attracted to but not just because she's got a great body.

What Guys Said 1

• reverse psychology. to confuse and abuse. to get you to say, "i don't have to be drunk to hook up with you", to make you say it so he does not need to come out and say it and then be rejected or look stupid. just a weird way for a guy to try and get some without sounding too aggressive, maybe he's a nice guy that can not just say, "hey baby, lets screw".

What Girls Said 4

• he thinks you're too good looking for him.

now to answer a question you didn't ask...I don't think a bar is a good place to meet men if you're looking for a rewarding relationship.

• Depends on the bar. Generally true, but I and other nice guys do go to bars (not clubby ones). The difference is, we don't go to talk to women, and are generally repulsed by the gratuitious cleavage and tight clothing, but if a normal girl wanted to have a normal conversation, I wouldn't turn her down.

• it means he's attracted to you...

how is it a question

it's like saying "a guy said he likes me what does he mean?" "it means he likes you... you just said that .."

• Probably exactly what he said...

• he thinks you are hot and thinks you are out of his league so he said that because he doesn't think you would want to be with him unless you are drunk. if you are attracted to him, tell him, but only while you are both sober