Guys : We know you want less makeup on a girl, but are you ready to see her flaws?

Like, in my case I have dark under eye circles.

Some girls have acne, uneven skintone, scars, have no color in their face, etc., not to mention facial structure, like a big nose, or thin lips.

Are you willing to see imperfections?

It seems when you say "I like when girls don't wear makeup.", you're talking about the ones with flawless skin and perfect features.

I'm not saying this is all of you, just many.

So is seeing her flaws as much as her attributes too much?

Is there anything you feel crucial for a girl to cover?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's all about the girl, I've seen girls that look horrible without a ton of make up, so those girls should absolutely keep the make up on, then there are girls that look so much better without make up. There are certain girls that really doesn't need much make up, and they look so natural when they use as little make up as possible, but if you are having skin conditions and are generally not looking very good without make up, keep it on.

It's like the fake vs. real boobs debate, if your boobs looks like hanging mosquito bites when their real, fake is definitely better, but if your boobs are looking good and perky naturally, real is definitely better, if you know what I mean.

But nothing beats a girl that looks natural AND pretty, the purpose of make up is that you can't see it. Even though that sounds kind of weird.

• I agree exept for the natural= beautiful thing, if I think something looks good I don't care if its natural or looks natural

• good answer (:

What Guys Said 25

• This reminds me of an episode of According to Jim. He told his wife that there was nothing she could do to not make her unattractive to him. She tried dressing down, and getting herself to the point where she didn't feel attractive, but it still didn't work. Maybe we're stupid, but many guys just want you, including the flaws. It's nice when you dress up and make yourself look amazing, unfurling your beauty, but the flaws, what is truly apart of you gives us the opportunity to truly love you. How awesome is it that such a deep connection can be reached by someone knowing your flaws and loving all the same, even loving you all the more?

• I would love nothing more (lottery win aside) than to have all women decide to ditch makeup forever. Guys understand the reality that women don't have perfect skin and get zits, etc. We do too! Women really put on makeup to make themselves feel better and to impress other women, but you're not really impressing us guys.

• Nope! We want that all off. Look at this photo: link

It's like two different people, I mean she's it's not like she's ugly either, just be yourself!

We want most of it off because we want to simply find the real down the earth girls who don't care about what people say and and the fake, Hollywood acting girls.

I mean sure if you're physically unappealing to t he human eye, like some possessed girl shii, then yeah a few touch-ups would be nice... I understand you girls like to dress up and put make up on but every single day?

lol when my friend seen a similar photo like the one above for the first time he said, "Imagine after a night with her you wake up to that! *points to no make-up one* It's so fake.

You girls would understand if more average joe guys started looking like Taylor Lautner with make-up you think Hollywood actors just magically look good?

Some of you may think it's not possible but I'm pretty sure some of you are still beautiful or even more beautiful without all that make-up on.

• Your ruining my dreams, I thought Taylor Lautner really did look that good. Leave my man alone!

• she way better with make-up, I didn't think she was attractive without it

• As with everything there is a limit to makeup. However, yet again, as with everything, it is good in moderation.

Makeup makes girls look so much better, it's ridiculous (why isn't it acceptable for us average looking guys to use it!) but once you resemble an carrot with three different shades of eyeliner on, you know you've gone too far.

So personally, I prefer the flaws covered up by makeup. However, if I liked the girl I really couldn't care less about her "flaws", we all have them.

• Men shouldn't use make-up, I'm not joking when I say they don't need it. Women like men just the way they are. Make-up would just make guys look like girls. If I can tell a guy is wearing make-up (and I always can), it is an instent turn off. Women don't look at men the same way men look at women. We want men the way they naturally are, promise.

• Well, cosmetics are shampoo and cleanser, etc. I don't think it's that huge a leap to go from your bottle of shave cream to a jar of moisturizer. I'm surprised guys don't really use those things as often as women do.

• I moisturise and attempt to take care of my skin, but during the day I don't wear any image enhancing materials, excluding contact lenses.

• A few skin flaws are actually not that big of a deal. We're not looking for girls who are made of plastic, and we know that most people don't have perfect skin.

Facial structure is somewhat more important, since that's a defining attribute of what people think is beautiful. But even here, tastes differ incredibly and what you may think is a flaw is not necessarily a flaw to everyone else.

My opinion of make-up is that it's best used to highlight your existing assets, not to change the way you look or to try to fit someone else's image. And you don't wear it all the time. It shouldn't be something you hide behind.

If you're confident with what God gave you and you sometimes want to wear make-up to stand out, fine. But if you wear it all the time because you're afraid of what people will think if you're not wearing it, not so fine.

• Sure guys want that whole "natural beauty" thing, but when they actually see it, they're wondering why it doesn't look like that of a model they saw on TV or in some magazine.

It's not their fault, it's the image driven media pushing the unreasonable expectations on how we're supposed to look.

• We like the flaws. It's the media who tells girls to hide them, NOT guys.

• I will try to sum up what most of the guys seem to be saying. when in privet, no make up is necessary. when at at formal events, maybe. in general guys seem to hold girls that are comfortable in there own skin and that alone as very attractive. the reason for this is that it both shows confidence and a willingness to be yourself around us. to go a bit deep, a lot of guys see makeup as an attempt to hide behind creams and powers. then there is that fat that frankly, we can't tell the difference of when its on and when it's off. this has caused all sorts of confusion back home when mom will have made breakfast, started the laundry and sent at lest one person off to work to say "Okay, now to put my face on." six whiplashes happen as every one home takes a good look at mom and say in unison "we though you had already". all in all we don't see the point.

• Less makeup is what we're after. Not necessarily NO makeup. We appreciate that you go to the effort to cover up any perceived flaws. But if you have to resort to paint thinner to take the stuff off, that's TOO MUCH. We're fine with a touch-up, we just don't want to kiss an oil painting, generally speaking.

That being said, I can't recall being disgusted or mortified if a woman isn't wearing makeup. You don't NEED to cover up anything, and if you're more comfortable without it, then go without. If you're more comfortable with, go with. Don't be under the impression that we're going to examine you with a magnifying glass. If you're comfortable in your own skin and expressing an interest in us, it earns you far more points with most of us than trying to iron out every single flaw. Honest.

• I like when girls don't wear makeup because I can tell when they're using it to cover up flaws. I think that when makeup is used, it should be in order to compliment the girl's natural beauty instead of attempting to create beauty. When I see a girl wearing too much makeup, it looks to me like they think their face is a blank canvas and they can paint whatever they want on it and no one will be the wiser when, in reality, their face is already a work of art and all they are doing is putting water colors on top of it. You can still see the original painting underneath and it's easy to tell when the girl is trying to paint an entirely different picture.

Hope that analogy made sense.

• I like some makeup when we are going out or to a gathering. At home and just hanging out I prefer no makeup at all. None. Makeup is pretty much fake.

• Pretty much? They're putting a concoction of god knows what on their faces designed to look like actual skin.

• i have never looked down on a girl or look better apon her based on her make up ... EVER ..that stuff is for you girls.. worth while guys don't give a sh*t about your minor flaws... if you got a guy who gives a crap he's a shallow douche bag and a waste of time... get rid of him.. you can do better :)

• when I say less makeup, I mean none of that bright purple eyeshadow stuff

use makeup to enhance what you have, cover up some bad spots, not turn your face into a modern art canvas

• Have you seen a girl without makeup though? For example, I look like a completely different person in my pictures from modelling, granted, there's good lighting and the camera is much better, but I was wearing foundation, concealer, eyeshadow, mascara, eyeliner, blush and lipgloss for that shoot, and it doesn't even show.

• i think megan fox is UGLY !

• sweet jesus monkey nipples woman, I made this post 6 months ago!

I think she's really pretty, but not the mega-hot she's made out to be.

• I don't wear makeup so I don't expect her to wear it either. If she wants to wear it that's her decision. I have far from perfect skin.

• my philosophy on makeup is if you are gonna wear once in front of me, you should wear it ALL the time in front of me. If not, don't ever wear it in front of me

Its not fair to literally put on a false face to attract a guy and then take down the cover and expect a warm reception

I'm partial to eye liner, because I see eyes as a predominant feature, but all other make up should be thrown I the rubbish bin

• So if a girl only wore eyeliner, would she always have to wear eyeliner? Also, do you think lipbalm counts? Mine just softens my lips and makes them smell like strawberries, lol.

• i would like it if she would maintain a regular appearance, so as often as possible haha

and no I wouldn't count lipbalm

• Nothing at all. I love women absolutely warts and all. I love when my girlfriend doesn't wear makeup. Us guys like to know what we're getting under that face full of makeup. Go without it and watch the guys falling all over the place for your very attractive self. All girls are very attractive in a certain way physically :)

• yup.

• If a women as flaws then to me that is perfection.theres nothin more ugly than a women who tries to be perfect.

• no makeupz >.> id rather no makeup imperfections or not... my face ain't perfect so why would I judge a girls face if she liked me enough to look past my face. no ones perfect id rather us be imperfect together and have the whole world hate us than to be some fake new jersey types and be famous.

• The reason we like girls with no makeup is because then we can see who is truly "The Prettiest" and it all depends what we want to see when we wake up the next morning.

• She should be comfortable with her flaws.

• if a guy is with you he dose not care about your flaws because he does not see them, only you do, so as far as he is conserened they are not there to see

• your "flaws" are ridiculously beautiful.

Besides acne at least. :-)

• Yea, thankfully I have clear skin. I just blush ridiculously. O_O But seriously if someone has very bad acne they should consider a dermatologist.

• I have a twin sister and she talks a lot of sh*t about girls make up when its done wrong, so if its done right it looks great, if you can't do your make up stick to being natural

• At the moment I am attracted to my best friend more than anyone else. Her features are not flawless, but really who's are? She only wears a touch of make up at weddings and big events like that.

I find her attractive because I can see the imperfection and she isn't compensating or hiding. Others girls are OK, and some I feel as if I have come face to face with a Mancin.

What Girls Said 15

• guys, shut up! All women look BETTER with makeup. You can be the most gorgeous woman , and STILL look better with makeup!

& guys don't have to wear makeup because us women aren't picky, and WE can see past a mans flaws. ;)

• Truth be told, I didn't use to wear make up or take time on my hair. Men never noticed me & I never got asked out. I started to wearing make up & doing my hair just because it made me feel good, profesional, & confident. As soon as I did this, men started to notice me. I even got hit on, and I believe it is because men do like make-up on a woman, but don't realize they do. Men don't realize celebrities & models don't actually look like what we see. They would be shocked if they seen the link I have below. I say wear make-up, but just don't tell him. Let him assume it is you naturally, & don't go overboard. I only wear make-up to cover my dark circles & give myself a nice even skin tone. I don't think any guy would be shocked to see me without make up because I really don't look that different. My cousin, however, looks like an entirely different person without make-up. With make-up she is a drop dead gorgeous blond that men swoon over. Without make-up, she looks like any of the rest of us. I wouldn't want to go that far because I'd eventually have to show my true self to a man & I wouldn't want him to be disappointed.

link

• I wear make-up everyday. I have acne (not that bad but bad enough to make feel ugly). I showed my boyfriend what I look like with no make-up on in the very beginning of our relationship. I told him this is what I look like, I wear make-up when I'm with people I take it off when I feel comfortable and know I won't be judged. He said it's my decision and he likes how look with and without make up. Many people say acne is disgusting but I guess mine is an amazing exception because I get compliments on my beauty from guys all the time. I wear eye-shadow, mascara and from time to time lipstick. I don't wear anything to cover up my acne I just like my eyes with eye-shadow. I'm very grateful to my boyfriend for leaving me the choice of what I should look like and for not judging me and I think other guys should do the same.

• I think guys say that because a lot don't really know what girls truly look like when we wake up in the morning. lol.

• i think it's better to try and fix your underlying skin problems then just covering it with makeup. Acne-if it's really acne you can't cover that with makeup. You may think it's covered but it isn't. Go to a doctor and try and work on it using different methods. If it's just a few pimples, don't put make up on it. It will make it worse. Just wash your face in cold water morning and night and use pimple cream. Also, taking care of your body will improve your skin. I can't imagine what it would feel like to be so ashamed of my skin that I would feel bad looking without makeup. If you feel that badly, you need to work on your skin and also your opinion of yourself.

• I wasn't talking about myself in terms of my skin, I only have dark under eye circles, worsened by being so thin and lack of sleep. I used to have a few breakouts before I changed skin care, makeup made it worse, and it was still so visible.

• People really don't notice undereye stuff as much as you think, but maybe its a sign you need to try and work on your health a bit? Of course lots of people have trouble sleeping and putting on weight, but it's best to deal with the root of the problem, rather than cover up the symptoms of dark eye circles. that's just my opinion.

• I don't think I can stop, from what I've tried. Dark under eye circles aren't so bad, I agree, but I certainly look better without them, lol.

• Yep...I agree with you there...

Men really can't tell if a girl is wearing make up and where she put it if she knows how to apply it.

If she doesn't everything is so much more visible and it actually accentuates her flaws.

I know that when I don't wear make up - which is mostly when I go to college lectures and exams - I look 5 years younger (that's what everyone tells me) and I like that, but sometimes I just like to put on some vamp make up and glam it up a bit...just for the fun of it. =)

• I wear makeup because I LOVE makeup! I use to be a makeup artist and I wear it almost everyday...but sometimes I don't.But whatever guy I am with,they would need to like me with it,or without it.If you don't like,then both of us should just keep it moving! NEXT! :)

• The way I see it is this: would I want my man wearing a false face? No. Sure, I see his flaws, but I'd rather see them then see a fake him. I love him for his flaws. I don't know I guess I just assume guys feel the same about girls lol.

• I LOVE CHIKS WITHOUT MAKEUP! CUZ WHEN ALL I SEE IS MAKEUP AND THEN BOOM ITS GONE AND UR AL NATURAL ... DAMN UR FUGLY.

THE LESS THE BETTER... CUZ WHEN THEY DO WEAR IT FOR THAT SPECIAL OCCASION SHES GONNA B THE BANGEST CHICK IN SIGHT!

• this is a really good question...

• Guys don't care about make-up.Last time I checked Maxim was receiving no complaints.

• " I Like To See You In All Lights"

- Shane Abner (My soon to be BF)

• sadly I adore makeup, not to hide things but because I can take the beauty I have and do so much with it. I love how I can wear absolutely any color eye shadow and my eyes will adapt.

i think if a girl literally looks like a f***in fake doll then its bad, but I love colors, and how makeup just enhances and brings out the beauty.

plus I have blond eyelashes, no mascara, I look like I have cancer :O

i think nothing is wrong with makeup, and if a guy doesn't like it then I guess that's his problem.

the day I stop wearing makeup to play up my beauty, mostly eyes.

if the day I stop shaving my vag and arm pits. and decide plucking eye brows are over rated.

• don't tell them about the flaws, they're not supposed to know. We use make up for a reason, to "hide" these things. Just go for a natural look, & men will assume you are not wearing make-up.

• As long as you don't make a big deal about you being sans makeup I'm sure he'll barely notice/care.

Good luck.