Does long hair or short hair on a guy make him look older?

I always have my hair short but I decided to grow it this time. However, I think that long hair on me makes me look really young and I look too young for my age as it is. I'm 21 and look about 16. But my sister seems to think that long hair on guys makes them look older but I think it's the other way round. So who's right?

Most Helpful Girl

• longer hair makes a guy look young and shorter hair tends to make a guy look older

What Girls Said 7

• Long hair makes guys look younger, while shoulder length hair makes girls look younger.

You don't look younger than your age, if anything, you look older than 21. So if you're worried about that, I wouldn't be. If you want long hair, then go for it. :)

• It depends on the guy. But I'm assuming your hair is textured, from your pictures, and would grow in an afro, and that would make you look younger because most black guys I see, when they get a haircut they look older and much hotter. So I would say to keep your hair short. (:

• First OF ALL PEOPLE:

It DOES NOT LOOK Beiberish

Second of all IT DOES MAKE GUYS LOOK YOUNGER

Third of all long hair is better

• I think it has more to do with facial hair. My friend had long hair and facial hair then he shaved, but kept his hair long and he looked younger.

• Long hair most def makes you look younger.

• I Think A Hair Cut Makes A Man Look More Mature...

• I hate long hair on dudes.

What Guys Said 3

• Depends on what suits the particular facial features of the person and the styling; I recall being thought of as older with longer hair and then other times older with shorter hair; I think though that long hair may be seen as a youthful indiscretion/rebelliousness but perception of age means very little to me; I am much more concerned with the style suiting me and that is why I am going long again-can't wait.

• im growing my hair long and I'm a guy

• Long hair on anyone makes them look younger, but guys with long hair look irresponsible & ugly.