Why do guys always think they are unattractive?

my boyfriend always calls himself ugly, calls himself fat and keeps making himself out as such as this horrible looking guy when he isn't. why do guys always do this?

0|0
1|7

Most Helpful Guy

• It's partly because guys believe girls experience attraction in the same way they do. They reason that, if they don't have the physical features girls find attractive, they must be unattractive.

It's also partly because if you have a negative self-image you can become a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you think you're unattractive you don't exactly exude masculinity and confidence and of course women don't even notice you which reinforces the belief that your unattractive and the whole cycle perpetuates itself.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• Well I can only speak for myself but growing up you always get so much negativity and mean spirited comments from everyone, particularly during school. Women get told they are beautiful, whereas complimenting men isn't the norm. So it takes long time to appreciate yourself and build up your confidence. I remember it took me til I was like 20 before I started to appreciate how good I looked. This is despite receiving a LOT of female attention in high school. Maybe your fellow too has received nasty comments?

0|2
    0|0
  • link

This is probably the answer

I would suspect its these picture rating websites

When Men rate women on attractiveness its a perfect bell curve

link

When women rate men, majority of the men get scores 1 out of 5

link

0|0
    0|0
  • Because girls never show interest. So, what other explanation is there than our being unattractive?

0|1
    0|0
  • we ,guys too,have a soft spot...

we also love to be loved!to know that our gal loves us!

besides having bugged up entire day by something or other you tend to have low self-confidence...so you get irritated by yourself &say such thing abt oneself...

so there's nothing to worry abt there...as he grows & matures more with probs of life,such things will disappear!

hope tht helps a bit...

0|0
    0|0
  • wtf!? your cute as hell!

0|1
    0|0
  • Girls always do it too. I couldn't tell you why, hahaha.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I actually find it is usually girls who do this. Or maybe guys do it equally, just aren't as vocal about it? But either way, I wouldn't say that guys "always do this". But I think the reason, with anyone doing this, is just insecurity.

0|0
    0|0