Do girls put a lot of emphasis on a guys' looks?

title says it all, just wondering

Most Helpful Girl

• Girls naturally don't place emphasis on looks.

Admittedly, when girls are talking and they say "he's hot/cute/sexy/etc" they are talking on a more sexual basis.

But when it comes to actually having a proper crush on a guy, as in they would actually want to go out with them, then looks aren't as important. You gotta be reasonably attractive at least to catch a girls eye but then you can also do that with a great personality too!

Basically, personality is more important because girls tend to look for someone that they can love AND be friends with so personality is very important. I admit that this doesn't apply to all girls but I'm sure it applies to the majority.

Hope that helps! :)

What Girls Said 9

• Well I know girls that do, but I almost don't at all... personality literally is like 80%-90% of it for me. Of course, every once in a while I hesitate about a guys appearance but I am always open because I know that if I am attracted to a guys personality, then that's enough to get me hooked, turn me on, and crush hard lol :) There was this one guy that I was totally attracted to and he looked like one of those nerds that hadn't cut his hair in years... it was super long and matted. For some reason he turned me on... and my friends thought I was crazy ha ha also I am into red headed guys and although I like tall guys A LOT like 6' and up, I have liked a guy that was my height before. It's all about who is inside the body, not the body itself!

• At least not me. Personality is on the top of the list.

• No, I mean you have to be cute enough (like past an initial threshold) but after that- it's all about the personality for me. I'd take a cute, funny, smart guy who makes me feel amazing over some drop dead Brad Pitt look alike who was bland. Once you are attractive to an extent...it's who you are from there on...at least for me.

• of course we do..mostly it depends on the age though. if were young..looks really do matter alot! the older we get the more we just want sumone to love nd probably could care less..well still..take care of yuhrself...dont take what I sed too literally.

• To some degree, but not as much as men put on women. Women are more than happy to date a guy who is not that good looking as long as he is clean & healthy.

• depends on the girl. it's not on the top of my list.

• Yes,just as guys place a lot of emphasis on girls looks

• I care about looks yes I do. You don't have to be perfect but I do have to find you attractive. It isn't the only thing I care about, but it does count. If I don't find you attractive then I wouldn't date you or sleep with you.

• no. guys are superficial about looks, not girls

What Guys Said 2

• Why?..i mean if a guy luks gud,.he wouldn't mind if girls emphasized on him,but I think that would be a worry 2 d guys who think they aren't gud looking,.on another note,guys with confidence dnt really care whether they are gud lookn or nt,its really an advantage d posses...so its left 2 d opposite genders..

• Yes. They prefer something like this:

link

• eww no he's nasty we like this:

link

• ewe, that's nasty. Long hair is gross, Taylor wins by a landslide.

• Now way, your kidding right? What has happened to this worlds subjective standards of beauty?!