Do girls care a lot about the clothes a guy wears?

So I've seen a lot of questions on whether guys care about a girl's clothes or not...I was just wondering, what about the other way around? Do girls care a lot about the clothes a guy wears? Like, if he has a cool shirt on, does he seem more attractive? Or, if he has a plain striped sweater on or something, does he seem dorky or just less attractive?

By the way, in my opinion, with girls, hoodies look great, but I don't care too much about the clothes a girl wears.

So the answers so far are mostly about first impressions and stuff. What about if the girl has known the guy for a while (1 year +)?

Most Helpful Girl

• I definitely notices what a guy wears - but it's not so much style, generally, it's whether it fits well and it's a well put together outfit. If a guy looks like he just rolled out of bed, then the likelihood is that his first impression on me is not going to be great.

I've definitely, in the past, liked guys with different style, so I don't think it's what they're wearing that really strikes me, but how they're wearing it I guess - if that makes sense.

If a guy wears something with confidence, then usually it looks good.

• If I've known a guy for a while - I'm not really going to be interested in what he wears. If he's a nice guy, he's a nice guy. But looking good once in a while can't harm, say if you're going out at night instead of hanging out like usual we'd notice if there was extra effort.

• Okay thanks, that makes sense. And what about hair? Do you care if a guy doesn't do his hair (at all - just lets it lie flat normally)? When I do mine I usually use gel to spike the front of my hair up, but I only do mine around half the time or a quarter of the time. So would you recommend doing my hair all the time when I'm around a girl, or does it not matter?

• It depends, every girl likes a different thing. Usually, I like a guy without spiked up hair and stuff like that, but it depends on what suits you - as long as it doesn't look completely awful flat, then there's nothing wrong with leaving it like that - as far as I'm concerned anyway.

What Girls Said 6

• i don't thik it matters so much what your wearing and more tat it fits you right. my boyfriend has this pair of black jeans.. mmm anyway when clothes fit right theyre attractive (I think). jeans and a tshirt are probably my favorite just cause its causal and seems approachable but whatever.

• i have a guy friend and sometimes I go shopping with him. he almost always buys the same stuff (solid colored graphic tee's, straight jeans, etc.) but he finally bought some nice sweatshirts and he looks a lot better now! girls do care what a guy wears but don't too wrapped up in what everyone thinks, or else it'll end in a mess if you try to hard.

• to me, as long as I don't see him walking with his pants below his knees...I can't stand that xD

• sort of

• yeah I care about a guy's clothes. the better dressed you are and the more effort you put in, the more you will look attractive. just as long as he doesn't go too far and look overly coiffed and metro, still gotta have that essence of manliness

• On first glance, yess. clothes can tell you a lot about a guy.

but if I like the guy I tend to look past it if he dresses bad.

if he dresses good, then it's a plus but not a dealbreaker.

What Guys Said 0