Do girls get intimidated by good looking guys?

I am just wondering if you were to pass by a pretty good looking dude, would say hi or wave to him? or would you be too intimidated to show him any attention...

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmm a little. If were walking down the street and I see him I'll glance and that will be it.

If I have an excuse to talk to him like, he's in a shop as the cashier or one of my friend's friends then no I would be fine. But I don't know how would you start a not awquard conversation with a guy on the till :/

If it was just me, him and maybe some other people in a room (at a party/gathering etc.) but no connections I guess I would be a little intimidated to just go up and talk to him mainly because I wouldn't want him or my friends or him to know that I thought he was hot/fancied him so I may avoid them. Then again, if he spoke to me first I would have no problems (or I would at least make it look like I have none). I'm not so good a flirting so I guess I would end up just treating them like everyone else meaning they would never know I liked them, getting us nowhere. :p

• haha that sucks! its so close yet so far away lol

we all make these things way to difficult, but maybe that's the fun of it ; )

• don't give into desperation . I had a girl trying to talk then she say for me to watch her things. no way I just talked away. it's like ,is thire something wrong with her? lol

• I myself get crackling smiles when I pass women 75% the time.Face just light up and dead roses come to life.LOL

What Girls Said 14

• I get nervous whenever I try to talk to a guy I like. As for random men walking down the street, I generally don't check men out, so I don't care if they are good looking or not. I can't feel attracted to a man unless I know their personality, I need an emotional attraction before I can build a physical attraction. I know that's odd, but that has always been the way I am. But I guess I'm not upset about that because at least I know I'm going for the right things, & not being blinded by looks.

• I'm a social butterfly and would probably say "Hi" and smile.

No biggie for me, I talk to everyone and thrive on engaging in intellectual conversation.

• oh sh*te, it's the worst... the cuter/hotter he is the more I ignore him/pretend not to notice his existence/avoid eye contact... fml

• So say its like at the gym or the store...and you saw this dude that was hott but shyd away from him...what if he started talking to you?

what if he just came up to you and was like "hey I'm hott and I have good hair, we should hook up" hahahaha I'm totally kidding...

• i most be amazing looking because that's all I ever get,ignored? lol

I try not post over flattering pic of myself as you can see.

• Oh man I must be a studd cause I've had chicks approach me at the gym and this one I liked I tried talking to her and the b--- rejected me! I think she was just shy?

• i would be definately itimidated by him!

i noticed it recently actually that I would have my head down going past a good looking guy but stare directly at someone I felt no attraction to whatsoever :/

kinda makes me annoyed at myself

• This makes guys and girls clash!

How is the guy/girl supposed to catch someone flirting or showing interest?!?!

I would love for a girl to just say hi, or do something! I would be all over flirting with the girl after that.

I always feel like I just look mean or something

• i am abnormally shy though haha

im sure there are some girls that would come up to you and say hi

i have to get to know someone really well before I can talk to them a lot plus I'm sh*t at flirting

but its all good :) haha

• Nevertheless, lost soul, thank you for your honesty!

• I would be too intimidated to do anything. I see plenty of guys I find attractive but I just don't think they would want to waste their time talking to me when they could have any girl they wanted.

• why? We are everywhere.I personally alway had trouble , finding girl who would be with me. They do get intimidated ,I think.

• I don't get intimidated by guys. If I made eye contact with anyone, I'd smile. They may be good looking, but I'm friends with a lot of guys, so I wouldn't be thinking about a relationship. I'd just be thinking "Oh, someone who is a possible friend" and smile to be polite, how good looking they were wouldn't make a difference.

• aww that's cute though! I like having girl-friends. Id return the smile ( :

• xD Good. I always think people are anti-social or rude if they just look at me when I smile.

• It depends... If I felt confident enough I would probably try to say hi, it would probably be incoherent and my entire face would be red, but I would make the attempt. A good looking guy is very intimidating, so generally. no I would probably just turn beet red and admire from a far, lol.

• lol I say hi and wave to all the good loooking guys they don't intimidate me lol but I do get some funny looks from them and they look round to say is she waving at me so your good looking guys are as confused as any mormal guy lollllll bless

• yea but were used to the over flattering smiles.

• embrase the over flattering smiles some men never get 1 smile if you like the person speak to her I will say somthing to you god forbid never happen what if 1 day a good looking man or woman was to have an accedent the looks went your left with the person remember this so its a good idea you look for a girl with not just looks in mind and a good chat with her will tell you this I'm sure your not silly I get lots of looks from men but I met a quiet man who would never speak to me for 6 months heo

• I would feel normal…like passing by anybody …yeah as LackusDeltacus said…I would probably smile aswell!

• I may try to smile a little if he's looking in my direction, but if he gives off that "thou art total hottie and I deserve everything" look that may make me feel uncomfortable. At least, if he seems nice, I may try to talk to him.

• i will get out my phone pretent to be text sumone lmao :D

• no were not intimidated were awsome well probs just whisper he's cute 2 a friend then keep walking

• Oh I sure as hell would have totally ignored him and looked away from him all the time. I'm just shy like that,XD...

• i wouldn't say hi or wave because it's weird to do that to a stranger, not because I'm intimidated by his looks. but I will admit, good looking guys do make me more nervous

What Guys Said 2

• Yes they do.

I've had girls tell me:

"When I saw you, I didn't dare come up to you, but know I realize you're only human."

This summer, I met this girl at the airport and we went on vacation together, she was a friend of a friend. We were always flirting and all but she would often have these strange fits where she would go out on her own.

One night we were in the hotel and she started crying an saying "I'm so ugly, I'll never get a guy like you." even though I didn't think that at all. I would have kissed her right there hadn't she been facing the window.

Guy's like us (I know it sounds cocky) will always have this same problem. We won't get the girls who are really worth it, the cute and caring ones, cause they don't dare give us The Signs. We'll always get the outgoing sluts instead.

We need to change this ! ;)

• ha dude that's so true! I always want the cute girl next door types and when I try and talk to them they are so quiet I feel like she's creeped out or wants me to go away so it always kinda ends unles they make more of an effort...

Therefore most of my girlfriends have been hussy types...tons of makeup, tanning, blond, bitchy and drinks every weekend...soooo old I'm sick of it, I want a girl who has some f***in goals! nice touch bro

• Yeah I know !

Men have dedicated their lives to this: they post their "research" on site like Askmen or Artofmanliness. It can actually be kinda helpful occasionally !

All I'd want is a simple, naturally pretty girl who like sports and would go do stuff like camping an all ! Not just clubbing and drinking coffee at Starbucks !

pc

• The ignoring thing is silly, we think you arn't interested in us so we move along, if I see an attractive girl I keep eye contact and and never look away, I had this one girl walk past me with her head so far looking at the pavement she could have walked into a lampost or anything, it looked silly.