Why do girls say "cute" instead of hot?

What happened to girls calling guys "hot" is cute the new hot or is cute a word for being less attractive?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Because cute is like handsome, adorable and has to do more with personality. Hot is like OMG I wanna rip your clothes off, sexy.

• Can a cute guy be "hot" as well?

• Sure. Cute is moreso personality AND looks. Hot is just looks.

What Girls Said 14

• Honestly,i think it means the same thing.But I prefer calling a guy cute.

• Hot is like an adjective that's meaning, lust, or like damn I just wanna get laid by you.Usually, Hot guys intimidate me and are too hard for me to approach. But cute is either. awhh I would either to be his best friend, or that, that guy is more approachable and would be a good boyfriend type.

• most girls who arnt slutty prefer the word cut to hot its a way of saying were attracted to you but don't wanna jump your bod right away :)

• hot refers to a guy with smokin' sex appeala cute guy can have sex appeal too but in a less heart-stopping way than a hot guyi could fall harder for a cute guy than a hot guy, it depends on all the rest, personality and confidence being big time factors.

• It means the same to us except sometimes when we say cute, we mean the guy is sweet & good looking. So, cute is better.

• Cute= you bottom= you ukeHot= I bottom= you seme

• A call guys cute because that's like hot to me :) Especially when I do call a guy cute and see him blush makes him cuter! Lol

• Same reason guys say "hot" over cute...Duh?

• Just different point of views.Hot is generic

• cute = hot for me. I feel like hot is so overused, I like cute better

• i think theyre the same, but hot I try not to use because it just involves looks and lust, whereas cute is like I wanna be his girlfriend and have a relationship with him because I like his personality as well as looks

• cute means like, both personality and looks like if he seems like a nice guy and is quite attractivehot is just like a guy is attractive but really intimidating

• When I'm saying a guy is cute, I mean that he is being very adorable or admirable in whatever he is doing. However if he is hot, then my intentions are probably purely for sexual stimulation.

• Cute is both his looks and personality where hot is just his looks.

• I prefer calling a guy 'cute' because if I say 'hot' a guy automatically thinks I want to have sex with him...which is just stupid (because guys say 'hot' and mean 'I want to hit that').

What Guys Said 5

• They mean the same thing. One girl may call you cute, and another might call you hot, it doesn't matter as long as you get called one or the other, your in good shape, that means your attractive to women simple as that.

• I believe the reason is that hot resonates on only a physical level. This is more attractive to guys cause face it if she looks like Megan Fox we are amazingly skilled at ignoring a lack of personality.Cute on the other hand is more all encompassing more like what girls tend to go for. It resonates emotionally and includes personality as much as looks.

• Well said dude!

• Your answer sir: Cute = Hot

• maybe its cause of justin bieber

• i wondered the same thing too man.like girls have said here, often when girls say cute its because theyre putting your personality in there too, not just the way you look.if you're at a pool and you're in shape and some girl sees you almost naked like that she's gonna think sexual things and say you're hot. but otherwise (unless you're really physically attractive to them) they'll just say cutealso I think some girls would feel awkward blatantly telling you "youre hot" lol. even if they think it.idk about you but rarely have I straight up told some girl "you're hot", unless she was my girlfriend or something. instead I'd say "youre attractive" or "youre really good looking". I think that's how girls feel by saying a guy is "cute"