Do you look like your partner?

a lot of people look like their partner, but me and my partner don't look alike at all. He looks a lot like his ex. This slightly bothers me, and makes me not feel like we are right for each other. Is this bad? Just wondering.

Do you look a lot like your partner?

Most Helpful Girl

• That doesn't mean anything. My boyfriend sorta looks like his ex but she's his ex for a reason. Obviously they didn't work out and wern't right for each other. I don't look anything like him but everyone says we're a cute couple. Havnt you ever heard that opposites attract?:)

What Guys Said 2

• Doubt I do, don't think I've dated anyone who looks similar. Although people have said my current partner and I are a great match. There is a picture on my profile so I guess everyone else can decide.

• That don't mean sh*t

What Girls Said 5

• No, not really. I guess my boyfriend and I have a similar body type, but that's about all we share.

I think, biologically speaking, that it's probably better if you don't quite look like one another - after all, really similar appearance might mean similar genetics, and we're wired to seek out people who are not related to us in order to secure greater diversity for a stronger gene pool.

That being said, we're probably also conditioned to seek out people who look something like us, since most of us have been brought up seeing our parents (two people who look something like us) as relationship models, and depending on where you live, may only have been exposed to people who look something like you (for an example, my parents' hometown is predominantly white and of German/Scandinavian background).

• It shouldn't worry you at all, if he looked like his ex then that should tell you that it didn't work out. Relatioships work best when you have things in common, or just like to be together. Eventually, we all grow old and lose our looks anyway. I looked like one of my exs, but he was a trouble maker, got kicked out of school and went to an alternative school, went to jail, got in lots of fights, the list goes on. Not my best decision.

• yeah, I'm glad you broke up with him because he does sound like trouble. thanks for your answer.

• i don't think that means anything, you may just not think your good enough and you shouldn't feel that way and nope I dont, my boyfriend has brown curly hair and green eyes and I have naturally blond hair (its black now) and blue eyes

• Why would you want to look like your partner in the first place? You're dating, you don't want to look related.

• a lot of my friends (who are asian) date someone who looks very sjmilar to them.

• How can you look like your partner unless you are gay, & you are both the same gender?

• I mean you both look like brothers and sisters or twins. Both have similar eyes, nose, mouth, hair color, face shape and so on. My guy is really pale and has really long define face (he's italian/irish). I am Asian, and have a shorter face with small chinky eyes and black hair while his is brown. See what I mean?