Any girls have a CHI straightener?

Hey girls! I was thinking about getting a CHI straightener and wanted some opinions on it. Also, I know there's some kind of product that CHI sells to put on your hair (I think before you straighten it).. but do you have to use it? Thanks! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• CHI's are phenomenal. My only issue is that it does, like most all straighteners, dry out your hair and there is no heat setting. I doubt I need the highest degree sometimes, but oh well.

The GHD is way better though. It's also a lot more expensive, which is why I don't have one.

What Guys Said 2

• When you said CHI I thought it was some kind of new STD

• my sisters have one and they said they love it

other than that I don't know what is so special about it lol

What Girls Said 7

• A CHI straightener is the only one that works for my hair. I love it so much! I have the special CHI spray for your hair (it's to protect your hair from heat damage). I definitely recommend some sort of heat protection spray but it isn't really necessary.

• Got it and love it. You should get one. You don't actually have to buy the product but it helps your ends or something like that.

• If you use the product only a little goes a long way! I got mine at the JCP salon for $85 and I would buy it over! but I expect I won't have to because thing thing runs like a beaut and I can imagine it lasting forever! even with regular use.

• I have two CHI straighteners and love them.I do however want to venture out into Sedu...But I would recommend one.

You can use any hair product.I personally use Redken and Cristophe hair products.

• yeah I love all CHI hair straighteners ! I bought a special CHI thermal protection spray called 44 iron guard and it makes your hair really smooth, it comes in a red spray bottle and smeells amazzinggg! hahah

• CHI straightners are very nice. I have one and totally recommend it. No, you can use any cheap hair products on your hair, not just the CHI ones.

• Nope I just ordered a ghd straightener online though. It's from Sephora. It retails for $185 but I got mine for $105 on eBay. :)

It's supposed to kick any chi straightener's ass.