Brown eyes and pasty skin?

Okay, there is this girl I work with that always talks about her beautiful complexion. She has really brown eyes sort of brownish hair and really really pasty skin. How is it possible for a girl with such brown eyes to be so pasty? It is summer time too, why does she never have a tan, or a burn? Does she not go outside? She says she does, but someone that is that pasty, can't go outside. She looks like a ghost! She must just go out a night, she is just full of crap I think.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm the same way. I have brown hair, hazel eyes and very pasty white skin. It's just very sensitive and when I do go out I have a light cloth covering over my arms so that I don't get burnt. I think she just takes it easy with the sun. There are those who ONLY burn and can't tan to save their lives. We intend to stay inside and go out when we need to. Sometimes I can walk for hours in direct sunlight and not get an ounce of color and another time I'll burn in seconds. I just prefer to avoid it, and she probably does too.

• But you still burn?? She never changes.

• I do burn, but only when I'm not carefull. Mayber she's just very carefull.

What Guys Said 1

• fair skin can look beautiful. and healthy, because it means she doesn't put herself at risk for skin cancer.

What Girls Said 6

• I have brown hair, brown eyes, and fair skin, that's not unusual.

If I wear sunblock, I don't tan or burn at all. She could just be really careful about her sun exposure. Also, my sister is way more pale than I am, and she never gets any color. She can go outside with no sunblock on and she still gets nothing.

• Maybe that is just her skin type. like another person said, she might not have much melanin in her skin and can't produce it. also she may use sunscreen/block too

i can be outside for like 15 minutes and get 3-4 shades darker unintentionally. my skin is dark reddish brown and I have a lot of melanin though

• well believe it or not some people can't tan, they can burn but their skin will just go back to being pasty. She probably does go outside, but she most likely uses lots of sunscreen to protect her skin from the UV rays of the sun, which is good since people who are more likely burn in the sun have a higher chance of getting skin cancer later on in life.

• I'm the same way. Dark brown hair and eyes, pasty white skin. I can burn in the sun, but don't tan, EVER. So I use sunscreen and thus stay pale. It's really not so complicated.

• Why does it matter?

• She is not necessarily lying. I don't tan or burn either.I'm not exactly GHOST white- but I am pretty freaking white. I go outside all the time, even lay out because I love the warm sun on my body-but I never get any color. I also have dark brown hair and dark blue eyes. We don't have much melanin in our skin which is why we can't tan.

• So if you went outside, you wouldn't even burn??? Do you not need sunscreen? This girl doesn't burn or anything. I'm guessing she doesn't really go outside. She is just white. I would expect during summer that she would burn a little at least. She may not tan, but I would expect to see a slight colour difference. A burn or something. lol.