Being very attractive isn't as great as it seems, right?

Being less attractive lets you be invisible. You have less tendency to wonder what people think about you and aren't always worried why so and so guy didn't notice you. You just know you're "OK" and move along in life.

What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• uh no. I've been unattractive before and not only are you "less visible", but as an unattractive girl, you are considered worth less than an attractive girl in society. so not only would people think less about you, people actually think less OF you. the prettier girl is liked and respected more by default. I think only people who have never been unattractive think that being attractive is so bad. yeah everyones lot in life has its pros and cons, nothing can be perfect, but it is wayy better to be attractive than unattractive.

What Guys Said 2

• Yes, being invisible is fun for a while, and then you start wondering "why the heck doesn't ANYONE find me attractive?!" and that's not as fun anymore.

• being attractive as never harmed me ;)

What Girls Said 9

• Being attractive has its pros and cons.

Positive: you get more attention and more people hit on you, usually. Because despite what many claim, looks are the first thing you notice about a person. Also you are envied by those who are "less fortunate" (not my mindset but this would be a pro for people with shallow thinking)

Negative: you come off as intimidating and snobby/showoff-y kinda person thus making it hard for people to approach you without feeling shy or nervous unless they too have very high self-esteem... Also attractive people become "popular" people, usually, and have to live up to their title and to everyone's expectations.

Bottom line: being average is just fine.

• I agree btw... I hate all the wrong kind of attention I get, some creepy weirdos are always trying to chat you up, wherever you go, most girls hate you, even the ones whom never met you, female employers not hiring you, male employers trying to hit on you, female teachers being unfair and overly critical and the list goes on. The problem is that people are either really nice to you or really horrible towards you. You never know if someone likes for your looks or your personality. Others making you obsessed about your appearance, etc.

• Well being attractive doesn't equal confidence or happiness.

• No, I would say that you still wonder what people think...whether you are "OK" or attractive, maybe more because you are trying to be pretty. And you would also be worried that guy wouldn't notice you ever... and some people can't except that they are OK and go to extremes (plastic sugery ect) and some people don't want to be overshawdowed but the pretty ones and be invisible.

dont get me wrong, I'm not saying that the pretty ones have no problems, its just that they are not the only ones.

• I cal bullsh*t.

lol I know how to be invisible , it has to do with presence not attractiveness. & I don't worry if a guy didn't notice me & my life would not be easier if I looked different, life is hard its often slightly easer if you wake up to a face looking back at you that you are fond of, (yours) Everyone has beauty inside its nice to see it shine thru,

• i am one of the "pretty" ones I guess, so I've heard, but I kinda like it, after a while of all the judgement of other girls and being called so much names, you learn to get over it, and it makes you much stronger. I mean at times its not always the greatest, but it DEFINITELY has its advantages. It makes you grow as a person and on top of it, you get attention, but don't get all strung over on looks, its not all that important, I know MANY guys that go for personality over looks (;

• what are those advantages?

• i always have those guys that will do anything for me, even if I don't ask

i don't have problems with much people

i got a couple modeling jobs

i have lots of friends

i usually just wake up in the morning and I don't need to brush my hair or put any make up on and I can just walk out of the house and look fine

• Eh... not necessarily. The average "ok" girls still wonder and worry.

• i look OK or average. I would want to look prettier cause all the other 'prettier' girls get more attention from guys usually

• Here are some disadvantages of being very attractive:

1. Your boss may make you wear more conservative clothes and fire you if you don't. This is an actual story I read in the newspaper. She didn't want to wear conservative clothes because her less attractive co-workers didn't have to, but her boss said she was distracting other males and causing their work efforts to go down so he had to fire her. She was suing him for firing her wrongly.

2. If you are really attractive you will get hit on a lot and some times by ass holes, who you wish would leave you alone.

3. If you are really attractive you will some times feel like a really hot guy or whatever just want you because you are hot, not because you are a nice person with a great personality.

Not that all 3 would ever happen to anyone but I'm just saying it can.