Any ways to straighten your hair WITHOUT a flat iron?

My hair is naturally very thick but recently I went through an operation and lost a LOT of blood so my hair has been falling out a lot... I've been taking these pills to restore it, but anyhow, I have to go to a wedding in 2 days but I hate my hair its gone frizzy and weird and my mom says NO to using a flat/ceramic iron because its already in bad condition but I really want to straighten it, that's the only way my hair looks "tamed" otherwise it looks like a mess and I want to look good.. my mom agreed that we'd figure something out but I want my hair to be straight and I want to keep it open...any suggestions on how to do so without a flat iron? And I don't want to spend a ridiculous amount of money on rollers (they're expensive where I am) either...Any products to take out the frizz? Or just some other suggestions that could make my hair a little less wavy. Cause I have pretty long hair but now it tends to go curly and I hate it! :(

Thanks for your help I would really appreciate some responses :|

Most Helpful Guy

• Sweetheart first I would applaud your braveness of experiencing and going through struggles hardly any girls can cope today. Secondly just because straight hair is hard to get and mentain doesn't neccessarily make it look 'Good'. I being a guy replied this post, just to tell you that my ultimate dream girls Julia Roberts has curly hair.

Your health comes FIRST, sacrifice a little fashion for it's not your first priority.

Having said that, I could obviously suggest fruit based conditioners, but instead I advise you go for plain medical conditioners available from any good supermarket which does not contain nasty chemicals. Go for the milky ones.

What a conditioner does is make your hair flatter and lighter and visually more attractive to look at.

Secondly always oil your hair with olive oil 2 hours before you take a bath. Massage it within the roots and till the ends of your hair. It makes your hair less dry and more healthy, moist and easier to tame.

Thirdly use very less shampoo. Shampoo dries your hair. WHAT YOU BASICALLY WANT is treatment which doesn't not weaken your hair but makes it healthier and flatter as well.

Last, when your hair is still wet after oiling, then shampooing, then conditioning, wrap your hair in such a way in a towel that it is tightly held together between the towel. Let it dry completely. DONT brush until its dry. It takes time but this is THE BEST way to have straight hair without straightners or treatments.

Wrap the main middle body to lower body with a dry towel, make sure the hair is pressed straight, let it dry completely. Simply. Blow dry when you're done and comb with a thick brush. Thin combs make your hair curly. I suggest a wooden teeth hair brush.

Hope this answers your question. Last thing, the reason why people love celebs and cheerleaders and models is because these people LOVE LOVE LOVE themselves. When you love yourself people will love you. No one makes fun of Angelina Jolie's funny pout because she is obsessed with it. No one hates Tyra's huge forehead because she flaunts it. Love your curly hair, because your beauty is in the inside. And I can tell you are an extremely beautiful young lady. Take care.

• This comment is one of the best comments I have read in a LONG time. Especially the Last part. Which touched my heart alil.

What Guys Said 2

• i used to use a clothing iron to straighten my hair. Just brush your hair out on a flat surface like a table top and iron it pulling away from your scalp towards the ends.I wouldn't recomend that though if you're worried about heat damaging your hair. You could use a lot of hair spray and just keep combing it until it's flat. That usually works for me (now that my hair is to short to iron lol).

• Ever heard of Frizz Ease Serum by John Frieda?

What Girls Said 3

• Comb your hair and use a blow dryer.

• Blow dryer and comb.

• yeah use frizz ease, that was my favorite hair product. the directions should be on the box, but just put some on while your hair is still wet then use a blow dryer and a huge round brush that has bristles. Then hold the blow dryer in a down position and about 2 inches from the hair and brush. While brushing your hair downward it will create no frizz and smooth nice hair that is bouncy. It's really nice =) And if you have less hair, it will make your hair full and shiny, very healthy looking.

• Thank you! I will try it, I have shoulder length wavy hair hopefully it'll work on that :)