How do I stop caring about other people's opinions?

I'm not the best looking girl in the world, and I feel very insecure especially about my small boobs and large thighs (with cellulite, ugh).

I tend to worry a lot about what guys think, because most guys I've heard say these features are unattractive. I feel so gross. Since I already look this way (and no, I'm not overweight), I gotta accept myself, but I feel I can't because I crave validation for my looks, but I rarely get it. So, how can I stop caring about what other people, especially guys, think about my face and body?

Lol, just before anyone assumes anything, I work out every day and take care of myself (wear a bit of make up, pluck my eyebrows, shower everyday, etc.)

Most Helpful Girl

• Just don't give a f*ck.

Change what you can naturally whether it's through working out,using creams and scrubs,giving yourself extra attention and accept what you can't change.If you take care of yourself for YOU,then that is all that matters.You're always going to be your worst critic,you'll place expectations on yourself for no reason and you'll see "problems" with yourself that no one else sees.

Stop being negative and pointing out flaws.When picking out clothing,dress for yourself,when putting on make-up do it for you.Gaining validation from others has no gain,you have to validate yourself before anyone else can validate you.

Just stop caring.There comes a day,when you'll wake up and just say "I don't care" It will happen,trust me,and you will feel so liberated and free,it's amazing.

• Thanks, I hope to achieve that :)

What Guys Said 1

• Well; there is no easy road here. As far as people go, we have been "conditioned" from almost birth to believe that other people's opinions of us matter. We are taught that we have to "fit in" and that social acceptance is very important. It take a while, and a whole lot of work to break those chains, but believe me when I tell you, it's worth it. I am a social outcast by choice, and I laugh at people to seem to think that it's a curse. Well; it's not. I do what I want, when I wish to do so. I wear what I want. I go where I want, and I feel absolutely no need to defend my position on anything. If you don't like it, then don't interact with me. Now this does not mean that I am unfriendly, or rude, because I am not. I just don't care what people think of me anymore. Hell, why should anybody? Ask yourself why you believe that a strangers opinion of you should matter. The answer is, it should not. It only matters because you believe it should. Stop believing that, and you take away their power over you. Work on your self image, how do you want yourself to be? What makes you happy? Do that, and soon what others think of you will no longer bother you. Then you will be free.

What Girls Said 3

• hun you'll never stop careing about others opinions.. the only advice I have is don't dwell on it because those peoples opinions aren't going to matter 2 years down the road.

• But it's not like I care normally, I constantly need validation, I'm obsessed with other people, especially guys liking me and thinking I'm hot. I'm not hot and most guys like girls with big boobs and small thighs, and I'm not like that, so I feel crappy most of the time. I'm driving myself nuts.

• im kinda the same, I hate myself.. hate my body hate my fugly face. makes me feel like sh*t when I see a girl with a nice body.. to tell you the truth I don't know what to do about it, I'm just waiting till I get enough money and I'm gonna get a couple plastic surgeries done.

• I'm not the best looking girl either. it takes time I guess

• One day you're going to realize that you don't give a f*** anymore. And that will be one of the best days of your life.

It may take some idiots along the way who make you feel like sh*t, but sooner or later - and hopefully sooner, you will stop caring what other people think. And that's a great thing because you'll finally be able to love and accept yourself.