I am anorexic and my boyfriend hate it. What should I do?

Should I leave my boyfriend or I should go to the doctor?

By the way we were dating 7 months.

And yes, I went to the doctor several times, but it didn't help me.

I am 19. My height is 5'10 and my weight is 103:)

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that you should seek professional help. You are underweight and anorexia is a serious condition that requires medical attention and psychological counselling as personal problems, self-esteem issues etc. are often the cause. You are not alone: Many young women (and sadly, an increasing number of young men) have suffered from anorexia, but there are ways to overcome it. You've taken the first step and went to see a doctor, which I think is great. But especially if his approach did not help you, I believe that seeking the opinion of a psychologist may be a good idea. If you're still in school or university: Some schools and colleges offer counseling free-of-charge, this is an easy way to get the help you need fast.

Also, ask yourself why you feel that you have to limit your food intake so drastically. When did your problems start? Are you unhappy with the way you look? Does your relationship with your boyfriend have anything to do with your condition? I'm not asking these questions because I expect to get an answer from you but you should ask yourself what is causing your anorexia so that you (and the professional) can find ways to improve your mental and physical well-being.

About your boyfriend: Whether you should leave him or not is a decision that only you can and should take. You wrote that he hates the fact that you're anorexic: Is he worried about you or does he give you the feeling that you're not worthy of him because you're underweight? You deserve somebody that gives you his full support, regardless whether you're healthy or sick. Just keep that in mind when making your decision. Good luck and get well soon!

What Guys Said 2

• you should gain weight for yourself!

• EAT!

What Girls Said 8

• You need to see a different doctor. You need to see a specialist about eating disorders who can really help you out. But remember, though it can give you an initial push, your boyfriend isn't enough of a reason to help you recover. You need to want to do it for yourself, which I know is really hard. What freedomofscript said about your boyfriend is absolutely right - you need support, not judgement. if you want, send me a message and I'll give you some links to some really cool places for support =] good luck!

• So you would leave your boyfriend because he cares about your health and well-being?

The thing is, you need to help yourself. Your doctor isn't going to fix the problem, all he can do is give you the supports and point you in the right direction. Yes, go to the doctor, but in the end, it's up to you to realize that you have a problem and to want to get better.

• no) I love my boyfriend! but he pays so much attention for this!) I just tired of being under his control all the time)) yes, I know that I have big problem-but it's mine!) ohh sorry for being so impulsive!)

• selfishstar

i know that's not only my problem, but anyway he ca't help me in this situation! I mean he always says me how beautiful I am, and how could be if I ate more.. but it doesn't work for me.

• You're right, he can't help you. As I said, and I'm sure you know, only you can help yourself. But he probably doesn't feel right just sitting by and watching you harm yourself in this way---he doesn't know what to do, so he's probably just trying to support and encourage you to go in the right direction.

• You need professional help. Anorexia is a potentially life threatening illness and affects you and all those around you. It's nothing to be happy about and it's very unattractive. Your boyfriend probably feels worried, stressed and turned off. You need help honey x

• I know that!) I will go to the doctor again) And believe me I am not happy being like skeleton at all!) Everyone(espesially Girls) make a comment) I feel so bad because of it!

• Go to the doctor. It is good that your boyfriend hates your anorexia, that means he cares about you. People die from anorexia, it is a serious disease & you should try to conquer for you, not for him.

• Go to the doctor! Stay with your boyfriend and GO TO THE DOCTOR! Don't do it for your boyfriend though. Go to the doctor for your own personal health. If you don't do anything about your anorexia immediately you will regret it in the future. It will only hurt you physically in the future. Your boyfriend is only trying to help you. He will be there for you throughout this difficult time :)

• darling you aren't anorexic or you wouldn't be saying you are. eating disorders are no joke and its very difficult to overcome it and be able to talk about it...

• go to doctor

• I've been there, though not to your degree, but you're right that nothing he says is going to help. I went from anorexic to bulimic to losing a lot of my friends because of the physical/emotional stress I put myself through, and when I tried to get better on my own it was really hard since I was terrified to eat too much. After getting real, professional help I'm finally OK. See a counselor or even go inpatient, it's the best thing you can do for yourself and your boyfriend.