Ugly ducklings into beautiful swans?

Has anyone here been considered unattractive in their past then eventually became very attractive?

What caused your transformation from ugly duckling to beautiful swan.

I think I used very beautiful and doll-like as a child then in my awkward teen years I was very unattractive but now I think I'm average and hopefully someday I can be beautiful again.

Has anyone experienced the opposite happening? (beautiful swan into ugly duckling).

Please share your experiences.

Most Helpful Girl

• I was a pretty awkward child/ early teen. I was a size 0 but in all of my pictures from that time period, I look chubby and my teeth were crooked and horrible and my skin was really bad. And I have terrible vision, so I'm always wearing glasses.

Now that I'm getting older, my skin is getting better, and my teeth are fixed and my hair is no longer a frizzy tangled mess. I'm no longer slightly chubby, and it's interesting to look in the mirror, and see myself getting more and more attractive as time passes. I'm definitely less awkward and while I'm still frumpy, it's nice to have the option to be beautiful if I want it. And the fact that I'm only getting better is a happy thought.

What Guys Said 7

• That doesn't happen. Anyone who 'becomes' beautiful just looked the same but wasn't taking care of themselves in a way that showed off their looks. It's like that stupid movie with Freddie Prince Jr, God rest his soul, where the girl is ugly and then is 'beautiful'. No, she looked average and then she looked average without glasses and with makeup on.

People are so easily manipulated by aesthetics that beauty doesn't mean anything. There's no real ugly duckling story, just Extreme Makeover stories.

• sounds like 70% of all girls from high school. As soon as they hit 25, watch out world! (except the ones that have a litter of kids or the ones that got hooked on cocaine *yes*)

They start dressing sexy, watching their weight, abusing their make up, getting drunk less, but out drinking more (They don't binge) and they start to improve themselves like speaking properly, posture, health, etc.

• I was an ugly duckling. Not I'm a fat turkey.

• yup its true you will be beautiful again!

• Don't know if I'd go that far, but I was like five feet, five inches and about 200 lbs. Now I'm six feet and 155. Actually I routinely weigh even less than that, but like below 150 makes me all incredulous.

• I've definitely gone through phases (I don't think drastic transformations) and I think a lot has to do it with confidence level and attitude at the time.

• yeah, I was ugly and awkward as a kid. as I grew I became better looking but I didn't realize it so I still had low confidence and I was still awkward and shy. I am still like that somewhat...it confuses people sometimes. some think I'm arrogant but really I just don't know how to talk to people at times.

What Girls Said 7

• I used To Be a Cute baby to , Ugly child... I was bullied a lot as a child. Now I look like well my profile picture so you can imagen How I feel today ^.^

• My friend was an ugly ducking in middle school but starting sophomore year in high school, she became really pretty and popular. LOL, then again she had on a lot of eye makeup and false eyelash and designer clothes, so I guess it's mostly how she use makeup and clothing to make herself more presentable.

• i haven't gone through that.

• i was fuglier then hell as a kid.. and now I look much better.. but I still don't like me much

• I haven't gone through this myself but cousin's child did. When she was born, she was ugly. I love her to death, but she was just not a pretty child. But as she grew older, she became really pretty

• yes I used to get teasted and taunted everyday if I wasn't ignored. I was ugly back then but now I grew into my features and learned how to take better care of myself I am very pretty now. people even stop me to tell me how pretty I am. so yeah I love seeing people who used to be mean to me and guys who used to pick on me back then because I'm always like "bitch please don't talk to me" we are not friends and no you have no chance with me, that's why people shouldn't be so rude and watch how they treat people no matter what they look like because you could regret it later

• What exactly did you do? Or did you just naturally grow into your features?

• well I had a really awkward face but naturally I grew into my facial features. I also learned how to take better care of my hair and got a cute cut, I exercise a few times a week, my skin improved (my skin was really bad due to hormones as a teen), I eat better and learned how to dress

• yup. I know I have before people would call me four eyes and I was never called pretty. I always felt ugly and unattractive. I got used to it. Later, when my teenage years began my face changed and I don't wear glasses anymore. I am not beautiful and you can call me pretty a lot of times and I will never believe it because in my head I am still the ugly duck. :)

• Was it just the glasses? Maybe you weren't ugly to begin with because some kids just like picking with easy targets.

• no my face was kinda ugly I suddenly got cheek bones and I got rid of acne I got an even skin color and cut my bangs