Why are Hot Guys Dating Less Attractive Girls?

This must be a new trend I've noticed. I've seen 3 couples today where the guy looked really good and the girl was either ugly, frumpy, or looked dorky. And judging body language you could tell they were a couple.

I always thought guys were into looks and motivated initially by a woman's beauty. So how can a guy who is very good looking and could probably have his pick of women, pick a girl that is like 3 levels below him? What's behind this new trend? Are they using these girls? Taking advantage of their low self esteem or what?

Most Helpful Guy

• i don't know. but sometimes when average looking girls try talking to me, hotter girls look over and give me "wtf are you doing talking to her" looks lol.

i don't think I would take part of this trend. girls have to make the cut with looks with me. I know that's shallow but girls can be shallow too. for example girls who say they like "tall guys...and they can't be shorter than me" ha ha well I like hot girls and they can't be fatter than me.

What Guys Said 6

• Yes, guys are into looks.

Often I am talking to women and they say that another woman is pretty when, to me, she is butt-ugly. Maybe she is pretty to him. Everybody is different.

• It's due to a thing called personality. Guys are not as shallow as you think. We DO care about personality. Sure, looks are what draws us in but personality keeps us by the girls side. Now that I think about it, my friends who already have girlfriends go around cheating on them with hot girls, but their girlfriends are not as attractive as their one night stands. So obviously those girls had great personalities. Which makes me wonder why they always cheat on them.

• Its the same with girls, I've seen beautiful girls with ugly guys.

• I think it's cause they think they're easier, less competition or cause they like the personality more.

• When it comes to women's looks, men are not as shallow as women think.

• Because we realize that hot girls are not as cool as average onces.

What Girls Said 4

• Maybe she is pretty to him. Guys do care about looks, but it's possible he had bad experiences with the hot girls on his level and found a connection with a plainer girl. Or perhaps men are becoming less interested in looks and more in personality.

• You have to remember you are judging these people with YOUR eyes. What you define as beautiful or ugly is 100% your opinion, and since everyone is different the guys you are talking about may have a different opinion on what beautiful is. Maybe it is just that they find the women they are with attractive, whether it be because of looks or personality or whatever.

• That is interesting. I have never heard of this trend before. Where do you live? It certainly hasn't hit my state. Perhaps you are viewing couples where you think the guy is hot. I know there are several different version of the "hot" guys. There are certainly girls who have great personalities. I know that sounds cliche,but maybe guys are finally understand that it is true. Some beautiful girls are shallow. My cousin is pretty, yet she is full of great personality. There are several variables in this equation. It could depend on the mood you were in. :p I hope this helps.

• its what's on the inside that counts