Why don't guys ask me out?

I'm in high school and I'm pretty average. I do have a lot of friends and am sorta popular but I don't really care about any of that. I have had this guy "friend" that we ended up getting really close (like holding hands and kissing) but he just wouldn't ask me out. By the start of school I ended up going out with another guy...He cheated on me it lasted like two weeks. I seem to have a lot of guys to flirt with but they never want to make the next step? They just keep leading me on...am I doing something wrong?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's high school. Maybe some of the boys you like haven't had much experience with girls, and the closest thing they've come to a girl was watching a p*rno. And they have no other clue.

Don't be shy, but don't act over easy. If you like someone, and it may seem like they have a mutual feel. Ask them if they like you, etc., etc.

Sometimes, to some men, a woman needs to initiate what is seen as the "critical step."

I know hormones are in play, and you want someone from the opposite sex. Honestly though, just focus on school. Graduating will get you farther than trying to keep a relationship with a douche, moron, etc. and then taking focus off of what is actually more important.

What Guys Said 7

• Nope. Nobody is very good at it in high school ( and most people never get much better). If you want someone, smile and ask.

Asking someone out is often an exercise in public humiliation so many guys avoid it. As a result, your hit ratio would be much higher. Do be aware that if you ask someone out, the subject of sex will come up. Be willing to be very straight about what you want and what you are willing to do.

• wow well since me being in high school I knwo how it feel to be cheated on hey a girl in High School Sent me a video of her have sex with the other guy. ha ha but look the reason why he didn't ask you out maybe he ididnt want to loose you. it could be that hey I did that with his one girl we still kiss you know we still like toughether except I don't want to loos her that why I can't make it officall but your averegae look at me I'm like a 1 out of 50 lol but basicly I don't think your doing anything bad yeah there guys in high school that are faith full but they are like extramy hard to find. so me basicly I beleive that you ain't doing anything bad/worng

• 9 months ago. Age 18-24. Are you still in high school? Remember this about guys: we can NOT read your mind! Simple as that. Maybe you have to give him a hint.

• People over 12 tend not to ask each other out. If you've got to the holding hands and kissing and spending lots of time together stage assume you're out.

• They might be scared I know I get scared around girls often.

• Try dating older guys , they are more likely to commit

• older guys seem more mature and I've always wanted to find one that would treat me better than these guys in my high school

• Try wearing a short skirt and give guys a glimpse of your panties while you cross your legs..if they don't react to that, then you must be doing something else to scare them away

• You're an idiot.

• are you insane you do realize she's still a minor right, what a perve! how disgusting!

What Girls Said 7

• I had the same problem in high school. I was 5 ft 11 and curvy in the hips and thighs. all my friends always got hit on they were more of the average girl type size 5 and 5 ft 5 or shorter. But don't worry it will pass. also don't wait for the guys to come to you. start hiting on them. guys like that you know and before you know it you'll have guys telling you ..years later.. how they had a crush on you in high school and never said anything. I'm sure there are plenty of guys that are interested in you but just not confident enough to step to you. just wait until you're older, the guys attention spand will change.

• No sweetie,you're not doing anything wrong.

They are boys. They are acting like boys,they will act this way for a long time. Stop worrying about what they want. It will make you crazy.

Instead,follow your own interests. Do what makes you happy. You will meet people you have things in common with. Some of them will be boys.

You are VERY young,a lot of dating years ahead of you. Don't spend the whole time worrying about dating. You'll end up wasteing a LOT of time. Yea,a lot of girls will have lots of boyfriends,but,it's better to just have the right one.

Be charming, flirt ,if it suits you,smile a lot. If you are interested,give clear signals that you are. Then,go about your business. I know it seems really important right now,but it isn't really,there is a LOT of life after high school. EVERYTHING is better after high school.

• Plzzz rate ts best question I need 100 XPER points and I already have 81 plzzz rate this best question

• Maybe they are intimated by you or are afraid you will reject them so they stop after flirting.

• Umm usually kissing comes AFTER a guy asks a girl out. I'm sure he would ask you out

• Because they are waiting for you to ask them first.

• I think it may have to do with your age. The younger guys are the more they want to full around, and not commit. A lot of guys don't really want a relationship. As far as a guys flirtiing with you and not dating you, or just trying to get a little somethin something it may not have to do with you not being pretty enough or anything like that, in fact I have noticed that typically girls that are less attractive end up in relationships becuase "relationship type" guys go for them. Where as other guys go for a girl they think is hot, but don't really wanna hang out with for like a long term relationship... I don't know hope I helped some, but I feel as if I just rambled. lol