My girlfriend has stretch marks on her hips and thighs?

I am turned off by stretch marks,they are just disgusting.Would it make me a bad guy or person to break up with her because I'm turned off by her stretch marks?

I had an update telling you people I was trolling but I guess a mod deleted it

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm gonna admit, I got a little upset the first moment I read this.

Stretch marks can't be helped. I have them on my breasts and my hips, and a few small ones on my inner thighs. Lucky for me, I have really fair skin (I'm a redhead) so when the scars faded, they blended in.

You get stretch marks from growth spurts (I grew Dcup boobs practically over night) and from gaining weight or from excessive stretching of the skin (over exercising or whatever).

You can't make them go away. You can put creams on to help them fade and become smaller, but they're there. She can't get rid of them. I can guarantee she hates her stretch marks as I do, and would love to have them disappear, but has come to terms with the hard fact that they won't.

Think about flaws you may have. Are you a little over weight? Flabby muscle tone? Maybe you have a receding hair line. Maybe you can't grow facial hair and a full beard. Granted, you're most likely no Brad Pitt look-a-like and there are very few Angelina Jolie's out there for the average guy.

You need to suck it up and decide how important this girl is to you. If all you care about is her body, not who she really is as a person, and can't deal with such a minor flaw that she can't change, then be a jerk and break up with her. Because if you can't get over it, you don't deserve her anyway.

What Girls Said 33

• NO you would be doing the girl a big favor by breaking up with her. No reason why she should have to be with a dirtbag like you anyway.

• If you are not sexually attracted to her then you are not sexually attracted to her. I would be turned off by extremely crooked teeth or very bad breath. Some people may think I'm a jerk for breaking up with him, but at the same time if I can't stomach kissing you I obviously do not want to be with you.

That being said, I have stretch marks as well. Its not something we can help nor is it something that can be fixed really. I am really insecure about the marks, so I have to say that if you do find it so horrid that you cannot stand to be with her, then don't tell her why you are breaking up with her. That sounds horrible but, if you do tell her the reason, 1. she will think you are a complete asshole and 2. she will hate her body so much.

I actually really hate lying. If you can, try to get over the grossness or try to look at how she is beautiful rather than focusing on what you don't like.

• no. you like what you like. it does not make you a bad person.

BUT...there is someone out there who will love her like no other and think she is the most beautiful woman in the world. so let her free to find that person. you are not doing her any favors by staying with her and feeling like you are settling. everyone deserves to be happy!

however, good luck to you finding perfection. it does not exist physically. I am so thankful to be in my 30's and be so far beyond all that superficial crap. I want someone who treats me right and has an awesome personality. I want him to be attractive but "attractive" to me does not = perfection physically. I honestly could care less about the body. it's the mind I am after! lol.

• Damn?! almost every girl has stretchmarks, and FYI they're not contagious. If you really love her, those stretchmarks won't take a stand between you and her. I have stretchmarks too and my boyfriend have seen them all and he doesn't mind. He even strokes my ugly stretchmarks (no stretch mark is beautiful anyway) when my confidence drops because of it. I see you're somewhere between 18-24. If you're wife gives birth someday, how much more would you react on the stretchmarks on her tummy? They are just deep ugly scars and we girls are doing our best to get rid of them. We hate them too, and you shouldn't break up with her just because of stretch marks.

• are you perfect enough to judge her like that?

it doesn't make you a bad person but I'm just telling you that you won't find perfection in any girl.

• You shouldn't be with her because she deserves someone who thinks she is sexy and won't make her insecure over something as little as stretch marks, Its your preferance but it is kinda messed up

• Break up with her so she can find someone who appreciates her.

• Well if your willing to break up with her over that, then it probably means your not into her that much either. If you really liked her... I guess the stretch marks wouldn't matter. But since it does, maybe she's just not the right girl for you just because you aren't interested enough in her to where that wouldn't bother you. But I don't think you a jerk. Because I know that a lot of these girls probably have something that turns them off that could seem pretty outrageous lol. anyways but if that's how you feel then you shouldn't stay with her. better luck next time, hopefully ^_^

• grow up.

• It doesn't make you bad, just really shallow. You shouldn't stay with her if you can't overlook a relatively minor physical flaw for her personality. You're entitled to your preferences but think about how you would feel if a girl dumped you because something about you that you couldn't help turned her off.

• I weigh 100 pounds and am 5 6, and have stretch marks from growing to tall too fast. Really, sorry to burst your bubble but most women have stretch marks. I know you said you were just joking but I ve known a guy who is a great friend, but he broke up for that reason with his girlfriend, biggest mistake he ever made.

• yes that does make you horribly shallow! And you do realize, don't you, that stretch marks are virtually IMPOSSIBLE to get rid of!

• Em you no nearly EVERY! Girl has them right?

• your just an asshole to do that men are just wrong why are you looking at the out side if love comes from the inside you dumbass

• It's not necessarily BAD, but... it's definitely extremely superficial. I think it would be better for both of you if you to break up than to stay together if you can't look past her stretch marks. But I think it's too bad that you find something so minor a deal breaker- especially when you aren't perfect yourself. I say this with confidence because NOBODY IS.

• Its not something she can help. Maybe she weighed a lot more and lost the weight.. something she worked hard for. Stretch marks just happen and there isn't too much you can do about it.

All of us have flaws. If that's a flaw you can't get over, you need to move on.

But think about how minor of a deal that actually is?

What if you had a mark on your body and she dumped you because of that?

Not really fair , is it?

• Well, I don't think your being a bad guy... But I will say you are just a bit shallow, and shallow just means you lack understanding. For one we don't ask for stretch marks they are cause by a number of reasons. *growing tall very rapidly (as teens sometimes are body grows too quickly and we get stretch marks) so you can be thin and still get them...
    *Weight gain (obviously)
    *Having Kids
    So they are NORMAL and she's not gross for having them in fact 75-90% of women have or will get stretch marks.
    • 75 to 90% of pregnant women develop stretch marks. These are most likely to appear in the sixth and seventh mo.
    • 70% of adolescent females develop stretch marks
    • 40% of adolescent males also develop stretch marks
    So..that being said If you get married to a girl it is going to be very hard to find that 10-25% of women that don't have or won't get them. And say you do get married to a woman and she doesn't have stretch marks, if you have kids and she gets them...are you going to just make her sign divorce papers over stretch marks, when she will be the one that accepts you through your faults. And if you did would it be fair? I'm not saying your a bad guy. I'm just saying you could be risking a lot of happiness over something so small.

• thats not fair, its not like she CHOSE to have stretch marks

• If your update is really true then that is how you should think. But if you were actually serious then you should dump her so she can have someone that actually cares about her and loves her for her. Stretch marks fade, it's not that big of a deal. I have stretch marks but no guy ever complained to me. I hope you were just trolling.

• What a jerkwad. Find something better to do with your free time than trolling. Grow up.

• It wouldn't make you a bad guy unless she finds out that was the reason you broke up with her but if you are going to break up with her I suggest you be honest!

• hahah so happy that was a troll because I was just about to go off at you. She can't help stretch marks and usually they'll fade with time anyway.

• If I were in your girlfriend's shoes, I'd want you to break up with me. I'd rather a guy broke up with me then stay with me because he feels sorry. I want the guy I'm with to be attracted to me, not disgusted when he sees me. That's just me though, some girls might feel different. It is up to you, don't stay with any girl because you feel sorry for her, no one wants to be that girl.

• I already said I was trolling

• you'd be the most un-loving guy in the world.

• It's pretty funny how any guy with a preference is automatically superficial and shallow...although you won't find very many girls who do not have stretch marks

• Well it's true. You can't say it's not superficial, it's the very DEFINITION of superficial. It's okay to have preferences, most people do, but getting so turned off by one minor flaw that you actually consider breaking up with a girl or asking her to cover up her body is just... extreme. And it doesn't seem okay to me.

• And?

I don't think it makes him selfish.I know girls on this site only want answers that comfort them,so it's whatever

• I genuinely believe that it's wrong to be superficial. I also don't think there's any benefit to it. I give as good as I get. I'm not just looking for comfort.

• I don't think there is nothing wrong with being shallow I'm really shallow too, and I would brake up with a guy if he had stretch marks. But if you broke up with her a really hope you didn't tell her why you did that would be really f***ed up or if you told any of your friends.

• eh.. good one!

• What are you going to do when you grow old and your wife has wrinkles all over?

• no it doesn't that's just your preference. can't help that

• did you know that 80 % of all women have stretch marks.

so the moral of the story is: you'll learn to ignore them

• You wrote that five days ago sh*thead and there is still no update. There's nothing for her to read.

• More from Girls
    3

What Guys Said 12

• dude people don't choose stretch marks they happen to you as you get older so yes this makes you a d***.

• Yes, you'd be a real fool to break up with her for something so common to almost all girls as having stretch marks. I can pretty much guarantee that you will never find a girl without stretch marks.

• dump her she dose not need a guy like you if you loved her it would not make squat if she had stretch marks of it she had 2 nose or 3 eyes grow up man . what are you going to do when you meet a girl and you two have a baby and she gets stretch marks .stop loving her .? think about that .

• if a chick had three eyes or two noses you would be like "wow,look at the freak show" ha ha but I'm sure he was just getting a kick out of everyone you could tell it just reading the title but its his choice if he wants to leave her or not we all make bad decisons.

• Well sh*t dude, I got stretch marks on my knees, thighs, and like two on my lower back because when I was little I grew three in a half inches in one month, it was strange but now if a girl ask about them I play it cool - I got into a motorcycle accident. LOL. There not that noticable and just look more like scars, and scars are smexi.

• Yea dude that's f***ed up. A lot of girls have that. If stretch marks is all it takes for you to not like her anymore than maybe you guys shouldn't have been going out with to begin with. Relationships shouldn't be based on some little superficial thing like that. If you didn't like her a lot to begin with then why did you start going out?

• If I was in your situation I would offer to have the stretch marks cosmetically corrected...

however that would resolve my personal issues and not hers.

Also I personally don't care if a girl has stretch marks.

So sure break it off.

if it's driving you nuts and your willing to trade of a good relationship over an asthetic then go ahead. Your entitled to your preference.

• it would make you kind of a bad guy. have you tried hinting to use some cream

• As a girl, I almost think that would be worse...

• like the others said, suggesting cream is a really bad idea. and if you expect her to correct ever correctable flaw on her, you had better be willing to do the same. Crooked teeth? Acne? Hair in places she doesn't like? Don't let it fester if you can do something about it!

• sure I'd get waxed if my girlfriend wanted me to. what's the big deal? applying cream to your skin is not exactly as hard as wearing braces, nor as expensive. I could do those invisaligns if she paid for them. evangelina your first sentence seems to contradict what you've been saying. are the commercials I have seen really just snake oil? I never looked into it.

• 1. Make genuine question

2. Have everyone hate you for it

3. Claim your trolling

4. ?

5. PROFIT

• Yea I'm not retarded enough to know girls have stretch marks

• You have to be retarded to know what? Hm.

• I don't think there is anybody quite as shallow as you. You ever find somebody willing to marry you, you two have a child (please don't), chances are that she will have stretch marks of some kind. You going to bail on her and move on to another?

• I think so. She must not mean much to you.

• Dump her if you can't stand it but good luck ever finding a woman without stretch marks. You're going to be one lonely dude.

• Good point... nearly ever woman is going to have stretch marks to some degree somewhere on her body. Obviously some are worse than others, but still.

• nope, you can have preferences, go ahead