Oh NO! It's snowing.

I'm from Texas and this is my first winter in Indiana. I've dealt with snow like 2-3 times so I'm not sure what will work best to protect me from the cold. I have some thermals sweatshirts that people have given me, combat boots, and a biker jacket with a winter liner and that's it. What can I wear that won't get soaked and where can I get some long underwear for under my jeans?... all at a budget?

Most Helpful Girl

• lol Come to Chicago,

and we'll show you what snow is.

But to answer your question: just chill out [ ha. ]

and go to Dicks or something [ don't know if they have those in Indiana... ].

Wear coats like this link or these styles are popular link

A hat is good, too or you can get one of these link [ I took a pair from my brother, and they really keep my ears warm ]

Boot are a plus, especially when it snows hard...

I recommend Timberlands--they last a long time and keep your feet from getting wet.

What Girls Said 4

• I moved from Upstate Ny to Texas last year, and it is a shock to the system that it is not snowing here! I have an abundance of winter clothes that are far to heavy for the weather here. I used to wear down jackets gloves hat snowpants when I went outside, on the really cold days in Ny when I had to walk 5 miles to work I would wear 3 coats, snowpants the whole 9. The best way is to bundle up with what you have. Does not always mean you have to go out and get new stuff. Just get a nice jacket and wear long sleeves/ long underwear to keep warm.

• Yeah. I hate the snow. It's snowing in Pittsburgh, PA where I'm living.

Visit a department store for winter gear.

• I've heard that most of your heat escapes through your head, you can research this. link therefore buy a nice hat to wear... but gloves are good too incase you get your fingers frozen.

• get boots and tuck in your jeans

What Guys Said 1

• you might not need long underwear. I live in indiana and don't use it, but maybe you won't be able to take the cold. boots are good. tennis shoes will soak up the snow water. you definitely need a hat. I'm talking like a sock hat, not a baseball hat. any kind of fuzzy gloves you can get are good. the jacket should be fine