Why am I so attracted to intelligent men?

I care about looks like others do, but sometimes if a guy is really smart, I'll be attracted to him even if he is not my type. Something about these men really turn me on, & could listen to them talk all day. If the guy is really confident due to how intelligent he is, it turns me on even more. Why am I so attracted to these guys, what are they doing to me?

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe it's been shaped by your experiences, you probably got tired of dealing with brainless guys lol. I know that I really am surprised when I find out that a girl has a brain in her head, sort of like I wasn't giving my hopes up. Just feel good that you aren't caught up in chasing the "bad boy" like most girls are. Think of how much trouble you will avoid because you actually have a preference for a guy with a purpose.

What Guys Said 2

• You say that like its a bad thing =(

You're probably attracted to them because you're pretty intelligent yourself.

I know girls who dislike guys who are too smart because it makes them feel dumb. Maybe you're completely opposite, you could be very attracted to them because they can teach you things that you don't know.

Intelligent men also seem to have a better understanding of the world and how it works as well as having a good life plan and knowing how to execute it.

• Oh, I don't think it's a bad thing. I just feel odd because there are not many others like me. Usually people care more about looks, or even personality, but for me, I go for intelligence, lol. I just feel a little left out.

• I wish you lived in my town. I haven't met any girls where I moved to that are like you. And only met one girl like that in college in my hometown after living there for 19 years. Don't feel left out, I'm the same way, I like girls that I have to keep pace with in terms of smarts.

• At our young age it does seem that people care more about looks. But look around you. Girls who only care about their looks don't always end up in good relationships. Intelligent women turn out to be great leaders and responsible mothers. As you mature, you will find more people like you. :)

• I feel that my intelligence has the opposite effect for me. I pressume I am quite intelligent due to my education background. But it is so hard to find people that could have the same mental capacity to have a good conversation. Everyone nowadays just get drunk, go clubbing and lurk around girls trying to get laid. All I want is good conversation, which is very difficult. And to your question, ofcourse people are attracted to intelligent human beings, survival of the fittest, the smarter you are, the higher chance of survival, it is build in the nature, in your genes. You won't be able to fight it. ANd I guess one reason why, not many girls go around saying I am attracted to guys with low IQ

What Girls Said 6

• Well, for starters, if he's intelligent, the likelihood of him getting somewhere in life is greatly improved. Everyone likes to indulge in a bit of intelligent conversation too from time to time, especially if it's about something you yourself are interested in.

You say you're attracted to him even if he's not your type. I'm thinking basically, intelligent, well educated men are your type. And I can't blame you there.

• It's part of who you are and what kind of people you are attracted to. You are sound like an intelligent woman, that could also be one of the reasons why you feel attracted to intelligent men. This is not a bad thing, intelligence should and does matter more than physical features. I don't think anyone in their right mind would be willing to live forever with a guy who cannot have a good conversation and agrees with everything his woman says. I like intelligent men too and my guy is intelligent and its a turn on for me. :)

• Thank you. I love this answer!

• You are welcome. I am glad I could make someone smile today. By the way, what kind of topics can I discuss to show my guy how intelligent I am? :)

• Because you have great taste! Intelligent guys are the best, no one wants an air head!

• because your smart lol dumb men are useless and annoying

• me too ! :) because you're intelligent, strong woman..that's y :)

• I agree! Intelligence without arrogance is a huge turn-on to me. If a crush is texting me and uses proper grammar and punctuation, it just makes him so much more attractive to me.

• Awesome. I wonder why intelligence is such a turn on. If you look at men, they seem to go for women who are air heads instead of smart girls. Maybe our gender just has better taste, lol.

• To me, spelling, grammar and punctuation make a world of difference and constitute some of what makes someone intelligent. I'm intelligent and I've got great English skills and can also do chemistry, physics, etc. It just depends on the person and their strengths.

• Actually punctuation and proper grammar show common sense,not even intelligence