My boyfriend likes redheads and I'm a blond - should I dye my hair?

Would this make him more or less attracted to me?

Most Helpful Guy

• I recommend that you don't dye it. For 3 reasons.

1) He may like red heads, but he is with you and has been for 2 years. Its most likely that he also looks beyond just the appearance and into who you are. Since he is with you and has been for 2 years, there is obviously more to it then just how you look. By dying your hair it make actually make him want to break up with you.

2) Being a natural blond myself I can say that dying your hair red (burgandyish) is not a good idea, Ends up coming out kind of orangish. Just like blue makes it green. You would first have to dye it brown or something then red.

As for the wig I read that was mentioned in the comments, It is an interesting idea, but you would need to find one that looks good and matches you. Hard to do, and expensive.

What Guys Said 3

• He's your BF. If he wanted a redhead no matter what he wouldn't be with you.

• try to wait and change his mind first! and if you'r really in love I think that you should do it and see how will it go BUUT if he didn't show intrest for that sacrifice he's not the one .. good luk babe ;))

• we've been together for almost 2 years and he says he loves my hair and doesn't want me to change it but I'm always paranoid he'd find someone with redhair that he likes better I just think maybe if I had red hair id be less worried about him looking at someone else?

• Nah that's silly, I like guys with long hair, my boyfriend has short hair but when I see long-haired guys I don't instantly want to dump my boyfriend for them. He's almost definitely telling the truth about not wanting you to change it, he's been with you for so long that your hair colour doesn't matter :)

• i like reds myself. but my girlfriend is jet black another fav. of mine, do I sometimes wish she was a red, yes. but..she doesn't even know I like reds. I don't think she needs to know. might make her paranoid, like yourself. lol, I like her for her. obviously he likes you for you, otherwise he wouldn't be with you (even if your blond)

What Girls Said 9

• he may like red heads but he is with you. so he must like you the way you are. if your unsure or insecure about it.. just ask. your a couple, its okay to ask. or suggest what he would think if you colored your hair red. see what he says. I would ask before I dye the hair

• No. Any guy that makes you change for him is simply not worth it. Real love is acceptance of who your significant other is, flaws and all. And being blond isn't a flaw in the first place ;) Keep yourself a natural. And the fact that he's with you proves you're different from all the other red-heads that he's dated.

• He should like the person you are, and this has nothing to do with hair color.

Just be yourself and natural!

• be proud of who you are. he obviously likes you or he wouldn't be with you. there's more to you than your hair colour

• 1. he obviously likes you just the way you are or he probably wouldn't be with you

2. the only one that knows if he would like you as a redhead would be him duh

• There is nothing wrong being a blond. In the end he likes red heads but he is your boyfriend isn't he. If he loved u, he would not dump you for some random red head. Love is not the colour of the hair but the content of their pesonailty.

• Don't die your hair for a guy

You may at some point regret it and he should love you the way you are, if he wants you to change then he doesn't deserve to have you. Just my opinion (:

• I wouldn't say dye your hair. how about get a wig? Hehe

• Yes.

Naturally, if your boyfriend said he likes redheads and you're a blond, that's exactly what you should do - dye your hair. And if he says he likes fat girls, you should chow down on Krispy Kremes.

...Girls are so stupid sometimes. Never change for a guy. -_-