Why do women believe it is not shallow to judge people based on their shoes?

It's all in the question.

Maybe I'm not completely correct with my wording, though. What I meant is that when you talk to a girl, she glances at your shoes to determine if even your shoes perfectly fit your image and her liking. If not, then you are dismissed, because of shoes.
Only if they're guys and yet their shoes are pink or something like that. I don't even notice shoes unless they are extreme.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know anyone who judges someone solely on what shoes they're wearing, that would be stupid. Of course girls aren't going to like all the different types of shoe styles guys wear, but I wouldn't go as far as to say that we're shallow shoe judgers hahaha.

Most Helpful Guy

• Chicks judge people by their shoes? I thought that was only in shoe commercials...

• No, they really do. It's the reason why they "scan" a person from bottom to up, instead of up to down like normal people (males, in this case).

What Girls Said 6

• I don't judge 'em in the way I think you're thinking.

I just look at the shoes and it shows me what kind of style they like. Like, I can tell (atm) if they're a skater boy, an urban guy, a country boy (lol sometimes), athletic/into working out/running.. that sort of thing.

But I hate girls who look at them and think or say "ew, he has shoes that aren't even in style, or they look so cheap, he's broke!" NOW THAT'S SHALLOW. Those type of remarks, yes. but what I do, no.

• LMAO ha ha ha. Who in the world judges people based on their shoes? Maybe some extreme fashionistas do, but most of us live this world called reality & don't give a rip what kind of shoes someone wears. Ha ha, this gave me a good laugh.

• I don't judge people on their shoes...i may not like them, but I would not judge people on them...

• Not all girls look to "determine if even your shoes perfectly fit your image.. If not, then you are dismissed, because of shoes".At least I dont... and I don't know who would...

• No way! I do that too =D

• I knew it!

• oh wait...i think I read that wrong ha ha I thought it said you judged people on their shoes

• i don't know about the judging part, but I honestly don't even care to look at peoples shoes...i look at faces and that theyre taller than me (guys)

• Judging people on their choice of shoes is BEYOND shallow.

What Guys Said 1

• any girl that actually does that is retarded