If a girl is pretty tall... is it a huge turn-off for a guy?

I have been wondering this for a while now. I went to see a movie with my sister last week end and as we were walking back to our car we walked past two guys (probably around our ages) and they said, out loud as we walked by, "Dude, they're as tall as me!" and watched us continue walking. A lot of guys tell me it's cool that I'm as tall as them or almost as tall. (oh, I'm 5'11") I have never heard anyone be rude about me being tall but I have been really wondering..

Guys, do you like when a girl is as tall or almost as tall as you or is it a huge turn-off?

Girls, if you're tall too, have you ever dated a guy that liked/disliked how tall you were (either or)?

• Guys: It's a turn-off
  • Guys: It's a turn-on
  • Girls: The guy I dated didn't like it
  • Girls: The guy I dated liked it
  • Girls and guys: It doesn't matter

Most Helpful Guy

• Most guys find it intimidating if a girl is as tall or taller than them. So I guess to some it is a turn off.

I myself am 6ft 3" so I wouldn't find a girl of your height intimidating at all.

What Guys Said 2

• I don't really care. I suppose I prefer a girlfriend who is either shorter than me or about the same height, but at 6'3" I rarely meet women who are taller than me anyway.

• I'm 6'0" or 6'1" with shoes. I am neither turned off by tall girls or turned on by them. I don't like girls simply because of their height. I wouldn't mind dating a girl as tall as me but it's not like I'm always going after tall girls either.

What Girls Said 3

• honestly most guys like short guys. the smaller more fun sized, the better. a lot of my guys friends, my brother and his friends LOVE short girls.

I'm talking about girls girls who are 5ft5in or less dating guys half a foot or more taller than them. Being short is a major turn on because chicks are "supposed" to be smaller. It's cute.

Very few guys are into tall girls. Sure some "may not care" but most aren't "turned on".

Sucks but it's true. Even worse is when short girls complain about their height to get pity points from guys.

I'm 5ft 9in, so a little shorter than you and my last ex didn't see it as a turn off or on but was attracted to midget girls before dating me. He was 6ft5in.

• my boyfriend likes my height because he's tall too :) I'm 5'11 too!

• I have the same problem I'm 5'11' too and my ex boyfriend wanted a girl who was shorter than him and he was 6'5". So he broke it off. But some guys want a shorter girl and some don't care if you are the same height or shorter.