Boy Behavior: Does this guy like me?

I have a next door neighbor who is my age and goes to my school. A few of my other questions I have asked have had something to do with the same boy.

This week, my next door neighbor has had a crazy schedule being shuffled back and forth between his divorced parents. Today, Sunday, he finally was home. My mom went outside to throw something out and noticed he was outside putting up Christmas lights on his bushes right in front of his house. He said hi to my mom. My mom said hi back. My mom ran inside to tell me he was outside. I ran to get my shoes and I found an excuse to go outside. Once I stepped foot outside, I saw he noticed me and he literally RAN up the steps into his house. He went inside to get more lights.

He came back outside with the lights. My mom said, “Are you getting paid for this?” He said he wasn’t and that the reason he was putting up lights was because he was the only one in his family that was into Christmas. My mom told him that I was into baking cookies for Christmas and he didn’t say anything and he didn’t dare to look up.

My questions: Why did he run inside when I came outside? Why wouldn’t he look at me? When the conversation was about me, why wouldn’t he look up or say anything?

What Guys Said 1

• I'm pretty sure he's just super shy haha. Maybe try talking to him without your mom there so he has to talk to you. You could invite him to make cookies with you or just talk to him about something you know he's really interested in. Whatever you do, you're probably going to have to initiate everything in the beginning until he starts to feel more comfortable around you.

• I agree completly with you. I'm just scared that he might get so nervous that he might ignore me. We were just thinking of making cookies for him and his family. I wouldn't have the courage, though, to knock up at his door and give him cookies because I'm very shy like he is. If I brought cookies over, he'd probably drop to his knees! :)

• He walks the dog every other day after school after when the mail comes. I decided to go get the mail when he was outside. While he was walking back in the direction of his house I went outside. I heard footsteps and figured they were his, but didn't notice when I turned around he was standing next to me. He spoke in a soft voice and said hi. I said hi back and we both played it cool while walking back to our houses. We just broke the ice and maybe we'll start talking more often!

• haha nice. good luck =)

What Girls Said 1

• Either he isn't interested or either he is EXTREMELY shy... either or, its confusing cause its hard to decide what move to make.

• exactly! I'm not sure. He'll talk to my parents, but he won't talk to me. I don't know what to do. Does he think I'm a snob for not talking to him?

• i doubt it, if he's shy he probably just figures your not into him.