Men dress for women and women dress for women?

Is this quote true men dress for women and women dress for women.

Most Helpful Girl

• i don't spend much time with woman, & I rarely share styles they like. if I lived on an island id still dress according to my taste. & how I feel comfortable and what is clearly becoming for me. I do not read magazines & I am not thinking of women, when I dress.

disagree.

What Girls Said 10

• I think I agree with that. I mean, usually when I get dressed up, it's not with catching guy's attention in mind, it's because I know the girls I'm hanging around with will be getting dressed up to. And I like nice clothes, I like wearing them, they make me feel good. Other women are far more critical than men.

I know from my experience, guys will compliment me if I look nice, but they'll compliment me too, even if I feel like I look like rubbish because I'm wearing my painting clothes or whatever.

I think girls care more about what people wear.

If I'm hanging around with my guy friends I feel like I don't need to make as much effort as I do if I'm going shopping with the girls or something like that.

And the only time I really see my guy mates dress up is if they have a date, or they're out on the pull.

• "I think girls care more about what people wear."

so girls will judge a guy based on how he dresses?

• Not necessarily the items of clothing they wear, but how they wear them, how they put themselves together, whether they take pride in their appearance or not. We don't 'judge' a guy per se, but you can get a definite feel about whether you'd want to approach, or be approached by that guy - at least I know I do.

It's a lot of the time about first impressions, we don't care so much once we know a guy - but if he's on our arm, it wouldn't hurt if they looked good either.

• hahh it is absolutely true, Betsey Johnson said it the best:

"Girls do not dress for boys. They dress for themselves and, of course, each other. If girls dressed for boys they’d just walk around naked at all times."

— Betsey Johnson

• lol, I like that quote the only problem is. its indecent exposure to walk around nude. besides. there are plenty of girls I'm OK not seeing nude, so its best that they stay clothed, and no I'm not shallow just don't find them attractive. my question though is, if women dress for women, does that make them les.bi?

• haha I love that quote :)

I have actually had a couple straight men compliment me on my shoes. They were just that awesome :)

• <3333 Betsey Johnson!

• my dresses grown up now because he feels he is growing up.

I dress... I don't know. Like I like 3/4 sleeve tees and skirts that are flowy and go to my knees because they are the most comfy and I like comfy. Also love it in the summers, helps me to not sweat to death in 90 degree weather.

• this is true. women dress with the other women who will be around in mind, not specifically to impress them but to compete with them.

• Hahahaha

Betsy Johnson quote! Completely agree! =)

• This is true! I will dress to impress the women around me, with a second thought to men. And I know that my guy friends dress for girls, as they will inlist my help as thier "female-knowledge-base"

• Totally, it's like an endless competition. LOL

• Yes, of course .

• why to better yourself from other women?

• Agreed!

• it is true. Men worry about impressing girls

while girls worry about impressing other girls because girls are very judgmental

What Guys Said 3

• i dress for myself, ftw

• i don´t dress for women, I dress what I feel like dressing.

But I suppose women dress for other women.

• No. Men dress to look cool or they don't care what they wear. Women usually dress to attract guys attention or to show off that they are classy and sophisticated or they wear whatever makes them comfortable.

• men dress for themselves. the problem is I think women are judging us based on that, so I'm wondering if maybe we should start paying more attention to our style. and while women do dress for other women because of competition, I think deep in their minds, they know theyll just get male attention, so in a sense theyre ONLY dressing for men